Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Asus Transformer Availability Alert Thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneAllen View Post
    THe policy is worrying..i did a search on the internet and it seems Tiger Direct has a good reputation especially for customer service....so if u cant cancel lets hope for the best
    Me too. Been doing some research on Asus customer service and it's not looking good at all. Seeing a lot of reviews out their from people saying that it's terrible. I sure hope I can just refuse delivery on this and have it sent back for a full refund. What a pain, I should have paid closer attention when ordering.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm hoping that the last notice that showed up was meant more to scare away people who want to do returns for frivolous reasons. I've printed out the product page that shows the 30 day return for exchange so they would have a hard time not doing an exchange if someone is persistent and insistent. I don't really want to send it back because that means my money is tied up until they do a refund and I don't want to order another one until I'm sure I'll get my money back. But it may be a good idea to call and talk to customer service before the units arrive and get a commitment from them concerning exchanges of defective equipment. I checked Newegg and they list the Transformer as non-refundable also but it has a 30 day exchange policy. So there is no way Tiger Direct could claim Asus won't let them do exchanges on defective equipment. If anyone else calls to check on this get some kind of ID for the call from Customer Service so you can refer back to any thing they tell you later. And it would probably be a good idea to mention we are discussing this on the forums so they know there reputation is at stake with more than just those that have already ordered. Maybe we shouldn't have ordered on Friday the 13th!

Newegg'e Return Policy on the Transformer
    Return Policies
    This item is covered by Newegg.com's Computer Replacement Only Return Policy.

Return for refund within: non-refundable
    Return for replacement within: 30 days

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Giarcus View Post
    I'm hoping that the last notice that showed up was meant more to scare away people who want to do returns for frivolous reasons. I've printed out the product page that shows the 30 day return for exchange so they would have a hard time not doing an exchange if someone is persistent and insistent. I don't really want to send it back because that means my money is tied up until they do a refund and I don't want to order another one until I'm sure I'll get my money back. But it may be a good idea to call and talk to customer service before the units arrive and get a commitment from them concerning exchanges of defective equipment. I checked Newegg and they list the Transformer as non-refundable also but it has a 30 day exchange policy. So there is no way Tiger Direct could claim Asus won't let them do exchanges on defective equipment. If anyone else calls to check on this get some kind of ID for the call from Customer Service so you can refer back to any thing they tell you later. And it would probably be a good idea to mention we are discussing this on the forums so they know there reputation is at stake with more than just those that have already ordered. Maybe we shouldn't have ordered on Friday the 13th!

Newegg'e Return Policy on the Transformer
    Return Policies
    This item is covered by Newegg.com's Computer Replacement Only Return Policy.

Return for refund within: non-refundable
    Return for replacement within: 30 days
    Thanks for the info Giarcus. I'm going to try to call them tomorrow, not sure if they'll be open or not. If I don't get to talk to anyone I'll be calling again first thing Monday morning. I'm definitely going to mention that there are other people on this forum who are concerned about the situation. I will post back here as soon as I hear something.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sid311 View Post
    Thanks for the info Giarcus. I'm going to try to call them tomorrow, not sure if they'll be open or not. If I don't get to talk to anyone I'll be calling again first thing Monday morning. I'm definitely going to mention that there are other people on this forum who are concerned about the situation. I will post back here as soon as I hear something.

I received my shipping confirmation from Tiger and now you all uave me thinking about this echange issue. We will see. Thinking I might call as well for a clarification.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    had problems with my order with Tiger-a glitch in their system i was told- so i guess i will just have to be patient and wait for Amazon(which i prefer anywas as a Prime member) it just means i will enjoy it more and have more money to spend on accessories and apps and by that time 3.1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Contacted TigerDirect regarding the backorders. They said that "this item is on backorder with no future availability". So I canceled the order.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    I just called and talked to a Tiger Direct Customer Service representative. He seemed friendly and helpful. The service rep assured me that there would be a 30 day exchange for defective units. But I wanted more assurance and quized him some more reading to him some of the notice in the "Returns NOT Accepted" notification you get on the order status screen after the order is completed. He then went and confirmed with a supervisor that Tiger Direct does replace defective units although Asus does not allow for refunds. I then asked him for a service call ID and he said that what he was doing was putting comments on my order that I had called and that he had told me that defective Asus Transformers could be exchanged for new units within the first 30 days of purchase.

So I think we should be OK with these orders. If Tiger Direct was lying about this kind of thing their reputation would be pretty much trash by now. I think I would advise that anyone who has one of these on order or orders in the future from Tiger Direct should call Tiger Direct Customer Service (1-800-800-8300) with your order number and have them add this same comment to your order file just to be safe. This could speed things up in case of a need to return a defective unit and the Returns Department is reluctant to do a return because of the way this return notice is worded.
    Last edited by Giarcus; 05-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just got off the phone with TigerDirect customer service. Spoke with a man named Otto at ext. 5376 and basically got the same information as Giarcus. I specifically asked about bad pixels and light leak on the screen and was reassured that I would be able to exchange within the 30 day return time frame if these issues were present. I'm going to go ahead and accept the shipment and hope that I have a good unit. At this point I'm feeling much better about the situation, my faith in TigerDirect has been restored.
    Giarcus likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    Can someone tell me what a light leak looks like? Is it obvious or do you have to look for one? Thanks. I Know you have to have a black screen to check but how do I get a black screen and still have the backlight on?
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    nevermind... sorry.
    Last edited by RoadRunner; 05-14-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: had a brain fade. sorry

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links