Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    20 times

Transformer for Dummies?

Hi all, new Transformer owner here and new Android user. My TF101-A1 arrived today at 10:30 AM, so I am about half way through the first time 8 hour charge step. I need a quick "Transformer for Dummies" introduction. Just simple stuff, like how to turn on, off, put to sleep, wake up, etc. And is there a screen lock, how to lock, unlock, etc. And any tips on what NOT to do, like don't hold the power button for more than "x" seconds or the thing will explode, or wipe memory or start glowing in the dark. And how do I upgrade the firmware, Android version, add Flash Player, etc. Oh yeah, what about the charger? The "Whats in the Box" shows a two piece charger and cable. But, my charger appears to be one piece.

Anyway, you get the idea. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

TEM
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm a dummy and had little trouble. Any questions or issues I posed here. Therefore I suggest that as specific questions come up, ask them here. One thing that helped me when my tablet arrived was that I looked at several UTube un-boxing and introduction videos available.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Two seconds on the power button then release will turn it on. May take another second or two to show something on the screen.
    Defaults are not locked, but you'll probably have to slide the circle to the outside to get pass the start screen.
    One quick press of the power button will turn the screen off. A longer hold on the power button will bring up a Power Down pop-up, which you can OK or Cancel. Security settings are in Settings. You can set a password or pattern, or disable even the start screen requirement.

I strongly recommend you download and read the user manual.
    4D

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but I did not charge my Asus TF for 6-8 hrs for the first usage - is this necessary for Lithium ion? Did anyone do charge/discharge?
    -- TK

'Never outshine your master' - Machiavelli
    ASUS TF101- 16GB +32GB mSD
    BK6xx
    OS 3.2
    Kernel - 2.6.36.3

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Androbot View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but I did not charge my Asus TF for 6-8 hrs for the first usage - is this necessary for Lithium ion? Did anyone do charge/discharge?
    I didn't but I have discharged it a couple of times since I noticed my battery level down below 10%. I figured why not so I did.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Me.
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mine is at25 percent will do a full charge tonight

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    The most fun about Android devices is discovery. Charge it. Play with it and if you get lost come to us and ask some questions. Here are some great videos I posted that give you a good introduction to Honeycomb.

[Videos] Android 3.0 Honeycomb walk-throughs

TEM
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Here is a dummy questions (actually a too lazy to look it up question): When the tablet goes to sleep, will it eventually shut completely down (as like a power button shut down)? Or does it just sleep until you hit the power button to wake it up?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Here is a dummy questions (actually a too lazy to look it up question): When the tablet goes to sleep, will it eventually shut completely down (as like a power button shut down)? Or does it just sleep until you hit the power button to wake it up?

Sleep is just sleep. You hit the power button to wake it up. It will not turn off after a certain amount of time in sleep mode. Power down is done by holding the power button when it is awake and choose power off.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Androbot View Post
    No you're not suppose to. If you do and some people still swear by it, you'll end up shortening the battery's life in general. You can even end up ruining your battery.

HowStuffWorks "How Lithium-ion Batteries Work"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links