Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 16 vs 32

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

16 vs 32

Considering the purchase of a TF but wonder if many are content with thier 16 gb or wished they would have upgraded to the 32 gb version. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I always feel the more memory the better. But unlike a fruity Tablet more memory can be added via a micro sd. I have the 32GB with most of my music on the TF. Then movies and the rest of my music are on a 32GB micro sd.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    If I was being totally honest, I would have preferred the 32GB version, but was not available at the time.

The only reason is for security of confidential documents, work or personal that could be stored on the internal memory which can at least
    be secured with a password..

Having confidential documents on an external Micro SD card that could either be removed while the TF is unattended, or accidentally popped out is a no-no.

Loosing videos/music on an external SD card would be less of a problem, but confidential docs getting into the wrong hands, well.........................

Just my thoughts...............

Would be nice if the 16GB TF internal memory was upgradable, but I have no idea is it is possible!!
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a 16 gb iPad, and I don't have space for all my books. I bought the 32 gb TF, and plan on using the sd slot for backing things up. There are other threads here on this topic, and most seem to opt for the 16gb because it's cheaper and microsd's can be found for less money than the upgrade to 32gb.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    The 16GB has proven more than sufficient for me. The 16GB model has 13.81GB usable out of the box and 109 apps later, I still have 10.92GB available. That's also keeping a fair amount of work documents, spreadsheets, emails with attachments, pdf's, etc. in internal memory. The inclusion of the MicroSD slot made it an easy choice for me. 16GB cards can be had for a pittance and even a good 32GB card can be picked up for around $60. The savings can be used for cool goodies like cases, styli, or beer
    boret likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    106 times
    My total walking around collection of Music/Vids is around 50gb. I like to have my entire music collection with me. So I went with the 32gb version and a 32gb MicroSD card. That gives room for media storage and for app storage. I also have Windows Home Server 2011 set up with a connector so I do not NEED to have the extra storage as I can stream most things from home but on those times where a slow or NO connection is available the added space is nice.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Is it necessary to grab the 32? No, but if you have the cash laying around, why not? I grabbed the 16 GB and opted to grab the keyboard dock in lieu of the extra space. For me, that was the better way to go. I keep my movies on my card, music on the cloud and apps on the internal. I still have around 10 gigs free with 250+ apps installed, most of which I rarely use.

I stream a lot of media from my server at home whether I am at home or away from home.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    With the ES File Explorer I have access to all my media on my desktop unit. Except for the stuff I need to transfer to my TF to watch with subtitle files, 16 gb is more than enough for my home use and I don't expect needing to carry 10+ gb of music and movies on any foreseeable time away from home. Other users' mileage will vary, but I'm glad I didn't spend the extra hundred bucks for an extra 10ish gb of useable space.

When a sufficiently cheap 32gb MicroSD card comes along I'll probably get one (i.e. when 64 gb cards are supported and widely available), but it's not a priority for me. On a related note, are the cards a power drain on tablets? I've only used the class 2, 4gb card I borrowed from my phone, and then only to see how it worked...

Mark

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Mark Nguyen, no powerdrain. I leave my PNY class 10 32GB micro in all the time. (Class 4 works just as well but this one was on sale at Fry's for Labor Day) It's great that even if you choose the 16GB TF you're not stuck at just 16GB.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks Mummra! Indeed, while I've not run up against a wall in terms fo storage for my TF, others have and I'm sure that as teh product gets more mature this will happen more often. Pity any tablet owner without expansion options. Even the shiny 10.1 boys.

Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links