Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Gallery to show pictures in file name order?

Hi,

When I put pictures into the tablet. Gallery does not like to show it in file name order. Anyway to change this?

Thanks

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    I'm not sure but you can try Quick Pic. There are different apps for showing pictures. I know Quick Pic has sorting capabilities. I'm just not sure if it will do what you want so try it and post back.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    everyone replies as though quickpic is the holy grail of picture gallery viewing on the honeycomb. have any of you blokes actually use it and compare to the asus gallery version? the gallery is way more faster than quickpic and way more user friendly with better presentation.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quickpic is the app for me. Definitely better than the default viewer. I have over 14,000 pics on my TF. Each folder is by year and then sub-folders each of those years. Works great and is fast. The default viewer just throws all the pics in a pile regardless of folder.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2813 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ebackbone View Post
    everyone replies as though quickpic is the holy grail of picture gallery viewing on the honeycomb. have any of you blokes actually use it and compare to the asus gallery version? the gallery is way more faster than quickpic and way more user friendly with better presentation.
    My biggest gripe with the default gallery is that the pictures are in reverse order. Kinda makes a slideshow of a pinata party anti-climactic.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

srr
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ebackbone View Post
    I'm not being snarky with my response but could you elaborate on the user friendliness of the Asus Gallery?

I'm trying to like it but it just seems to find any and all image files on your tablet and throws it up in the gallery. So among my photos I have Icons and Backgrounds, and what have you that I would like to remove from the Gallery without having to delete the file. Do you know if this is possible?

In other words, how do I specifically choose what the Gallery will display instead of it deciding to show everything?

Thanks.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by srr View Post
    I'm not being snarky with my response but could you elaborate on the user friendliness of the Asus Gallery?

I'm trying to like it but it just seems to find any and all image files on your tablet and throws it up in the gallery. So among my photos I have Icons and Backgrounds, and what have you that I would like to remove from the Gallery without having to delete the file. Do you know if this is possible?

In other words, how do I specifically choose what the Gallery will display instead of it deciding to show everything?

Thanks.
    You're not being 'snarky'. Gallery is absolutely worthless. A jumble of photos is not what anyone should have to endure. And yes, I find Quicpik to be the holy grail of picture viewing. All of my photos are in order by year, with subfolders of important events for that year. Quickpic shows my photos in that order. Is there something out there better? Not that I've found and I've worn out my tablet installing/uninstalling pic viewers.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chaneyd View Post
    You're not being 'snarky'. Gallery is absolutely worthless. A jumble of photos is not what anyone should have to endure. And yes, I find Quicpik to be the holy grail of picture viewing. All of my photos are in order by year, with subfolders of important events for that year. Quickpic shows my photos in that order. Is there something out there better? Not that I've found and I've worn out my tablet installing/uninstalling pic viewers.
    I too use QuickPic. It allows you to identify the folders that you want to display, including folders on external drives plugged in to the USB ports on the dock. I have not been able to find any way of making Gallery do that, so I have given up on it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chaneyd View Post
    I am also exploring Picasa at the moment but haven't got too far. I am assuming it should be usable since it belongs to Google.

srr
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sagitar66 View Post
    I am also exploring Picasa at the moment but haven't got too far. I am assuming it should be usable since it belongs to Google.
    I'm not sure about QuickPic with Picasa as I have not tried QP yet but I know Picasa works with Gallery. But then all those other problems creep in since it is still Gallery. There's an app called PhotoVault which allows you to make some albums private but it's a pain trying to make all the useless junk that shows up in Gallery as private and only keeping what you want to see as public so I think I am giving up on Gallery now and moving to something else, most likely QuickPic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads