• 1 Post By jrodri

Thread: How to overclock to 1.4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How to overclock to 1.4

Hi all,

I have an Asus TF101 running rooted Honeucomb 3.1, my kernel is 2.6.36-3-00001-gf377a2b android@Mercury#1, and the build number is HMJ37.US_epad-8.4.4.5-20110527

I rooted the device a couple of months ago, hoping to get it overclocked, However, at that time, I tried a couple of totorials on the web to have it rooted but none of them work at the time, I decided to stop trying and wait some time before trying again to give some time to the people who do the "magic" to come out with an easy way to overclock it.

My first question, is there any easy way to overclock the device already?

Is it worth it? I mean, my device runs fine, although, when watching videos I notice some choppiness and lag on the playback, and the overall performance is deficient, and I know it could(should) be better. I'll like to try honeycomb as it should be, running smooth, like my wife's ipad, so I can brag about my asus in front of her

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    343 times
    Since you are rooted you may want to consider some of the new custom roms. They have some neat features built into them, one being the ability to overclock up to 1.6, or anywhere in between. The other alternative is to flash some of the new custom kernals which allow overclocking. I'm not a techie type so I can't explain how this works, just know it does.

The new 3.2 update from asus has put a lot of features into the stock rom that the devs were doing in their custom roms. So before you hack, why don't you update to 3.2? It had an initial release and a couple weeks later a patch that had many final fixes built into it- Start there. See if that makes your tab better.

And welcome to the forum!
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus 1000h--samsung galaxy note & samsung galaxy nexus- asus TF 101 and dock - Nexus 7(rooted and stock)
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks,

So, I either install a custom rom that comes with the ability to overclock or just install the new official update right, but if I install the update I'll lose the root right?

Can anyone point me to a custom rom that overclocks?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Sinkyboy2000 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    343 times
    You will lose root. However, check out nvFlash. That is easy to do, it starts with prime 1.4, and you can then flash the updated prime right over that. Google nvFlash for the asus transformer and you should get all your info, including available roms. Good luck.

So if you do not like the 3.2 stock, you can always re-root. Those your options.

If you want to stay on 3.1 look into custom kernels. They will allow you to overclock on 3.1 rooted. They don't always work and can make your tablet unstable. Do your research.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus 1000h--samsung galaxy note & samsung galaxy nexus- asus TF 101 and dock - Nexus 7(rooted and stock)
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Ads