Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A Transformer Success Story

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    8 times
    Great story Fred, forums are (by their nature) usually full of posts about problems they are having, so it's good to read a positive story.

The TF is undoubtedly superior to the iPad for photos in terms of input/output, quality of display etc. but what it lacks are quality apps for photo editing, organisation, planning of shots. The missus is a serious photographer and the apps she has on her iPhone are amazing - and there just aren't equivalents in the Android market (at least, not yet).

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    905 times
    I sent your Transformer Success Story to the local commercial photographer in my town (Swainsboro, GA), I thought he would find it interesting and, perhaps, helpful. His reply below uses an iPad, but could probably be used with a TF:
    I'll go you one better.
    With our Canon 1D4 camera that has a cf and sd card slot, I can use a WiFi SD card to transmit the small jpg files to the iPad as I shoot. The camera can be set to record RAW (Full RES adjustable files- 24 mb each) files to the CF card and small jpg files to the SD card. The WiFi SD card transmits any jpg files saved to it immediately to the secured iPAD directly. That way the iPad shows what I am actually shooting at the moment. It pops up on the screen. you can also swipe through all the pictures if you want to."

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHotepUK View Post
    Great story Fred, forums are (by their nature) usually full of posts about problems they are having, so it's good to read a positive story.

The TF is undoubtedly superior to the iPad for photos in terms of input/output, quality of display etc. but what it lacks are quality apps for photo editing, organisation, planning of shots. The missus is a serious photographer and the apps she has on her iPhone are amazing - and there just aren't equivalents in the Android market (at least, not yet).

Hi BubbaHotep, give the Asus Transformer time, it's not been on the pad scene very long and the platform is really taking off now, witness the membership increase to this forum.
    Currently, I process or 'enhance' my photos on my PC using a dedicated editor etc (Corel Paint Shop Pro) then via an sd (or micro sd) card I transfer the processed jpgs to the Asus Transformer. Many digital cameras have their own simple photo editors, but I do think Paint Shop Pro or similar editors give signifcantly better results, if you have a PC. Anyway, happy photographing & viewing.
    Asus TF101 16GB B60 with keyboard docking
    Samsung Galaxy Note WiFi 10.1
    Desktop PC, Windows 7
    Yamaha Tyros 4 K/B 9 (Music)

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    I sent your Transformer Success Story to the local commercial photographer in my town (Swainsboro, GA), I thought he would find it interesting and, perhaps, helpful. His reply below uses an iPad, but could probably be used with a TF:
    I'll go you one better.
    With our Canon 1D4 camera that has a cf and sd card slot, I can use a WiFi SD card to transmit the small jpg files to the iPad as I shoot. The camera can be set to record RAW (Full RES adjustable files- 24 mb each) files to the CF card and small jpg files to the SD card. The WiFi SD card transmits any jpg files saved to it immediately to the secured iPAD directly. That way the iPad shows what I am actually shooting at the moment. It pops up on the screen. you can also swipe through all the pictures if you want to."
    Cool.

I have looked into the WiFi SD cards (EyeFi) and the issue I have with them is that they are slow memory, and you cannot get faster ones. I love being able to shoot at 5 FPS at 12 MP to capture that perfect shot. I caught the mother of the twins kissing her son during the event, and that picture brought a smile and a tear to everyone who looked at it.

Using the WiFi cards, I am limited to shooting about 1-2 FPS due to the speed of the cards. If my camera had dual SD slots, that would be an option and I know some folks who have posted about using the Eye-Fi cards with the TF. Maybe someday when I get a newer camera with dual slots that might be something to look into, but for now I am stuck with my Semi-Pro D90

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links