Thread: A Review

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

A Review

Now that I've had the TF a few weeks I'd like to see if I've come to the right conclusions on a couple things.

I have Windows on my computers, since there is no X in the upper right corner of apps, I assume that when you go either back to the home screen or to another app your original app is shut down and is no longer running.

Which brings me to the next thing. The "Recent Apps" (2 rectangles lower left of screen). When you press on that, is it just an icon of the recently used app you are seeing? When you press on one of the recent app icons does it then re-start the app? Sometimes there are a number of recent apps, they are't all running in the background are they?

I hope I didn't make that second paragraph to confusing, thanks for looking.

E.B.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ebwest View Post
    Now that I've had the TF a few weeks I'd like to see if I've come to the right conclusions on a couple things.

I have Windows on my computers, since there is no X in the upper right corner of apps, I assume that when you go either back to the home screen or to another app your original app is shut down and is no longer running.

Which brings me to the next thing. The "Recent Apps" (2 rectangles lower left of screen). When you press on that, is it just an icon of the recently used app you are seeing? When you press on one of the recent app icons does it then re-start the app? Sometimes there are a number of recent apps, they are't all running in the background are they?

I hope I didn't make that second paragraph to confusing, thanks for looking.

E.B.
    Unless the application specifically gives you an option to "Exit" it remains running in the background. Good news is that Android Honeycomb does a pretty good job of managing memory so you don't have to worry about it. The recent apps are running in the background, which makes switching back to them very fast.

Transformer TF101
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Novatel (Verizon) MiFi 4150L Hotspot

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The list of recent apps is just that, recent apps. It will keep as much in memory as it can until it needs to free up resources.

If even if you force close an app in settings, it will still show up in the recent apps.

Some apps (Music for instance) will continue to work in the background while you work in other apps.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the answers. I'll be back for more before long I'm sure.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links