Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is the USB adapter ever coming out?

Has anyone heard anything recently about the USB adapter for the transformer? The one that allows the connection of thumb drives, keyboards etc? I'd prefer a 20$ adapter to a 125$ keyboard dock. I almost feel like ASus hasn't released the adapter to force users to get the more expensive keyboard.

I scoured the Internet but the thing isn't available anywhere. I don't want to buy a Galaxy tab but this could force things,

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg2077 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything recently about the USB adapter for the transformer? The one that allows the connection of thumb drives, keyboards etc? I'd prefer a 20$ adapter to a 125$ keyboard dock. I almost feel like ASus hasn't released the adapter to force users to get the more expensive keyboard.

I scoured the Internet but the thing isn't available anywhere. I don't want to buy a Galaxy tab but this could force things,
    Do you think any of these will work on new Prime since it will have a Micro USB port...

USB Female to Male Charging/Data OTG Cable for Samsung i9100 Galaxy S2 (5CM) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

or

Micro USB Male to USB Female OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy S2/i9100/Nokia N8 + More - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

If they are then why the heck doesn't Asus just make something simple like this for current transformer.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    The USB adapter has been released for some time. Search the forum - it's been discussed several times, including by me.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    Yes I know it was released, I'm asking if the ones I linked would work on tablet with Micro USB on Prime tablet. Also since it's way cheaper than the Asus one.
    Last edited by Torresjoe77; 11-28-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torresjoe77 View Post
    Yes I know it was released, I'm asking if the ones I linked would work on tablet with Micro USB on Prime tablet.
    And I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to the OP.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    To get back OT - The USB adapter was released, at least it seems like in the UK. Several people have bought it and the overwhelming opinion is that it is rubbish. The connector is notable too short and literally falls out with the weight of a USB cable. It also sticks out quite far and , makes it difficult if not impossible to use many stands as this chunky connector sticks straight out the bottom of the tablet.

The keyboard dock is much more functional, weighs just a bit, had a couple of USB ports, an extra battery and works as it's own stand. I have one and a neoprene case in which both the dock and tablet fit in just fine and the dock protects the screen when closed.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links