Thread: [OFFICIAL] I got my Transformer TF101

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times
    Hey Everyone....

I have been using my new TF300 for a little over a week now.. I picked up the 16GB version for $279 from best buy and grabbed a $50 dock as well.. I previously was using a touchpad but that was stolen from my car a few months ago. I've had my eye on the TF300 for a little while and so far I am loving it..

I just have to figure out if I need a case or not... when the dock is attached it acts like a protector when the lid is closed so I'm not sure if I need one or not.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new toy!!! There are differing opinions on cases. Personally, I do not travel with the tablet connected to the dock. I am worried about it getting bumped about and maybe breaking the connection pins, also there have been some posts about the screen cracking. I have a case for just the tablet, and a cheapo netbbook bag that I carry both the tablet and keyboard in when I am on the go. Works out great for me as it also allows for me to stash the power cable and HDMI cable in there too. Check out our supporting vendor Caseen. Also, I am sure you will find some info in the 300 accessories forumn here Transformer Pad 300 Accessories

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new toy!!! There are differing opinions on cases. Personally, I do not travel with the tablet connected to the dock. I am worried about it getting bumped about and maybe breaking the connection pins, also there have been some posts about the screen cracking. I have a case for just the tablet, and a cheapo netbbook bag that I carry both the tablet and keyboard in when I am on the go. Works out great for me as it also allows for me to stash the power cable and HDMI cable in there too. Check out our supporting vendor Caseen. Also, I am sure you will find some info in the 300 accessories forumn here Transformer Pad 300 Accessories
    Thanks for the help.. you bring up some points I didn't think of. A case sounds like a no brainer especially if it will help the screen from cracking

I'll check out Caseen now..

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevgret View Post
    I just have to figure out if I need a case or not... when the dock is attached it acts like a protector when the lid is closed so I'm not sure if I need one or not.
    Welcome to the forum Kevgret! Cases and screen protectors seem to be a very subjective and personal topic. I have a dock, but rarely use it, except when traveling. Like that FrenziedFemale, I also use a netbook shoulder bag for carrying both. I have a case for the tablet (solo), but rarely use it, mostly, once again, when traveling. What I do use a majority of the time is a Sikai silicon case, or glove. I love the feel of it, and it's anti-slip character. Also provides a little protection.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevgret View Post
    Thanks for the help.. you bring up some points I didn't think of. A case sounds like a no brainer especially if it will help the screen from cracking

I'll check out Caseen now..
    After having my Transformer TF101 now for years...the Caseen Case I got back then continues to do it's job....protect and provide handy access. I can recommend it.

As for screen protectors...never bought one....eerything is still just fine with the TF101...even after hundreds of trips taking the TF101 on flights with me.

Enjoy.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

rix
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah i got one too,, works fine no prob's

Soundwave
    Member #
    I live in Inwood, a small hamlet with 119 other hermits
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Greets all I kinda stumbled onto this forum looking up an issue about my transformer not taking a charge. I don't remember the date exactly, but I got mine used 3 year ago, I think it was the fall of 2011. I bought it from a private sale with the dock for a few hundred bux. Dude needed cash and I wanted a tablet. Until then I was using an Ipod to do quick net searches instead of bootin up the god box. It was probably the best and worst purchase I ever made. lol. The time I spent upstairs on the big computer has been cut in half. I didn't think I would use this thing so much and find it so easy to use. I had never even seen an Android operating system. The closest I had ever seen was the Ipod. I hope now that I found this forum I can start to figure out some of the little annoying things that happen when I'm using the Tablet.
    FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Welcome DOD! Glad you have been enjoying your tablet! I hope you find what you are looking for. Check the link in my signature for battery and charging tips!

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links