Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I treat my tablet like my HTC EVO and turned all the location as well as sync stuff off. At work I played video (brightness on auto) for my whole shift (8 hrs.) and when I left it was at 10-0% (no dock). Since having the dock I'll use it for whatever with brightness on max, with an hr before work I'll charge it full. At work I'll do whatever (only location and sync stuff off) and by the time I leave work I'll have 40-30% left. No clue for battery drain while off. It's never gonna get that chance probably.
    Last edited by Vipfreak; 06-05-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I use the dock a lot, and have seen no such issues.
    Hi! Moose,

Could you take note of your usage if you have the time?

I did 30 hours with the dock battery with about 5 hours of light usage, the rest in standby, half of which was on airplane mode. After 30hours the light started blinking and the dock stopped charging the tf. This is not bad but i think could be better on standby.

I have a feeling the dock does drain itself and the tf while in standby and maybe turned off mode.

JoŽl

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeah, my main concern isnt so much how many extra hours I get from the dock, as I am very happy with my transformers battery life (although the more the better ofcourse). Its just that I'd like to turn the tablet off and not have to undock it and store the tablet and dock separately; if I leave them docked and turned off, my dock drains the battery and ensures I can't leave them for any length of time without having to think about recharging, which is ridiculous as they arent doing anything. It feels like a total waste of battery.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lytnus View Post
    yeah, my main concern isnt so much how many extra hours I get from the dock, as I am very happy with my transformers battery life (although the more the better ofcourse). Its just that I'd like to turn the tablet off and not have to undock it and store the tablet and dock separately; if I leave them docked and turned off, my dock drains the battery and ensures I can't leave them for any length of time without having to think about recharging, which is ridiculous as they arent doing anything. It feels like a total waste of battery.
    Based on extensive use and tests yesterday under the new v3.1 update and dock firmware update:

After 5 1/2 hours tablet only - 49% battery left
    After 4 hours tablet and dock - 74% battery left

That would seem to validate about 9 1/2 hours for the tablet only in use almost all the time, and 15 1/2 hours with the tablet + dock.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Based on extensive use and tests yesterday under the new v3.1 update and dock firmware update:

After 5 1/2 hours tablet only - 49% battery left
    After 4 hours tablet and dock - 74% battery left

That would seem to validate about 9 1/2 hours for the tablet only in use almost all the time, and 15 1/2 hours with the tablet + dock.
    Thanks!

This seems to be my conclusion as well for the effectiveness of the battery while in use. However, the batteries still seem to drain quickly while turned off or on standby. I believe it is getting drained at the rate of around 3% per hour while in standby with wifi on. I have not tried this while turned off.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jojobou View Post
    Thanks!

This seems to be my conclusion as well for the effectiveness of the battery while in use. However, the batteries still seem to drain quickly while turned off or on standby. I believe it is getting drained at the rate of around 3% per hour while in standby with wifi on. I have not tried this while turned off.
    Both my reported tests were with WIFI left ON.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Just for kicks....overnight charged the ASUS Transformer here to 100%.

Did another time study of the battery life with the Docking Keyboard attached.

- WIFI on the entire time.
    - Web browsing done throughout the day (perhaps 4-5 hours in total)
    - Various other programs run (including e-mail)

After 12 hours - Battery meter and animated wallpaper (water with ice cubes background) - 42% battery life remaining.

After 13 hours - Battery meter and animated wallpaper (water with ice cubes background) - 25% battery life remaining.

After 14 hours - Battery meter and animated wallpaper (water with ice cubes background) - 15% battery life remaining.

After 15 hours - Battery meter and animated wallpaper (water with ice cubes background) - 5% battery life remaining (and low battery warning).

Obviously as things get near the low end of the battery life, it drains at a faster pace.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The battery widget with dock battery indicator makes things a lot easier! Here goes.

Left the dock closed with the TF not attached and the Dock did not drain. Actually, lost 1% during the entire night.

Docked the TF this morning and shut everything down. The TF was at 99% and the dock at 81%. Turned it on 4 hours later, the TF is at 100% and the dock at 73%.

Conclusion, the dock with TF attached drains at a rate of 2% even when everything turned off completely.

JoŽl.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is my conclusion as well. Wierdly, the dock seems to causemore of a battery drain thanjust leaving the tablet on standby all on its own! Why would it require so much power?

Mine is being picked up today to be sent back for repair; im still hoping its a hardware fault, or at least to draw some attention to the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links