Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

When Apps are ununstalled

Hey guys, When Apps are uninstalled from Honeycomb, is there an equivalent of say a Windows registry that retains information? Or is the app and all peripheral information, drivers etc, completely removed leaving a clean slate? I'm hoping for the latter, but I'm asking to find out if there's any chance of clashes between similar Apps that may have been previously installed! Thanks

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    12 times
    There's nothing like the Windows registry to be cleaned out. If an app saves a data file in a shared folder it won't be deleted with the app, but otherwise uninstalling an app should remove pretty much everything.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I have uninstalled several apps and find various folders and data, maybe some cache, left from nearly all of them.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I don't think there is any equivalent of 'Registry' on Android as most of them would be written in Java that is compiled and run at run time.

However the directories that are created by the app are left as they were most of the time - this is so that a user can uninstall an app and re-install the same app without loosing the data that the user created previously with that app. The re-installation may be to install a fully paid up version or a more recent version - so it makes sense to retain the user's data. But this does mean that the space on your internal storage (where most apps are installed by default and where most of files created using the app are stored unless it is specifically changed - such as removable storage) may get filled up with some unwanted files as you go along, install and uninstall several apps.
    VLBaindoor

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    To all above... Thanks, and...bugger... looks like I have to search and destroy each Apps folder eh?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links