• 1 Post By mrumm49
  • 1 Post By Ephesus

Thread: Speck of dirt under screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thumbs up Speck of dirt under screen

Hello all, I got a Transformer a couple of months ago and it's awesome etc. But...
    I noticed a tiny speck of dirt (about 2-3 pixels big) under the screen, and dust under the rear camera window...thought I could live with it, considering I didn't have any other problems, and sending things back is a hassle. But now I'm thinking of getting it repaired.
    Would ASUS fix such a small issue, or just claim that it's within manufacturing tolerances? Is it worth me buying a tiny torx screwdriver to undo the screen, and could I clean it myself?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I'd give Asus Support a call since you are under warranty! No! no! no! don't void your warranty by opening it up!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    I have a couple of specks of dirt/dust under mine too. It's really annoying but definitely not worth losing my tf for a month of warranty work!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    i had a speck of dust under the screen which at first I thought was a dead pixel. I remembered reading years ago that if you tapped a dead pixel repeatedly sometimes they came back to life. So I started tapping, Tap Tap Tap Tap......................Tap and noticed it moved so I did it again and it moved some more and again. Then it just disappeared. I guess to the bottom of the screen. Maybe I was just lucky but worth a try.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm tapping like crazy but it won't remove itself, I'm certain they're not dead pixels though. Looks like I'll try my luck with RMA...I'll post my results here when it comes back. Goodbye Transformer

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    I'm tapping like crazy but it won't remove itself, I'm certain they're not dead pixels though. Looks like I'll try my luck with RMA...I'll post my results here when it comes back. Goodbye Transformer
    The Transformer has an amazing screen. You don't deserve to be distracted by dust/dirt under the screen. You're doing the right thing to RMA while still under warranty. Let us know how it all turns out.
    Banana likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by inpier View Post
    i had a speck of dust under the screen which at first I thought was a dead pixel. I remembered reading years ago that if you tapped a dead pixel repeatedly sometimes they came back to life. So I started tapping, Tap Tap Tap Tap......................Tap and noticed it moved so I did it again and it moved some more and again. Then it just disappeared. I guess to the bottom of the screen. Maybe I was just lucky but worth a try.
    Thanks for this post, bro'. You just saved me an RMA. I received a refurb TF300T from Newegg yesterday. Everything looked great, except for a spot in the upper right corner. I thought they were dead pixels at first, but closer inspection showed a piece of dirt stuck to the other side of the glass. I was all set to RMA it, when I found your post. I tapped on the speck repeatedly. It moved a little, and then fell off.

Thanks for sharing!
    frenziedfemale likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    500 times
    Great job with the technical tap, and welcome Ephesus

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesus View Post
    Thanks for this post, bro'. You just saved me an RMA. I received a refurb TF300T from Newegg yesterday. Everything looked great, except for a spot in the upper right corner. I thought they were dead pixels at first, but closer inspection showed a piece of dirt stuck to the other side of the glass. I was all set to RMA it, when I found your post. I tapped on the speck repeatedly. It moved a little, and then fell off.

Thanks for sharing!
    Welcome to the forum Ephesus. Maybe your electromagnetic vortex's are stronger than most...that finger of yours might be able to do some good in this world!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links