Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I have an Asus Transformer and it has NO problems!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times

I have an Asus Transformer and it has NO problems!

I just wanted to assure those who might be considering the purchase of a Transformer that the reports of problems/defects and other issues do not represent the vast majority of owners.

Posting that I have NO problems is a bit like CNN or the BBC reporting that nothing much important happened today. Not really news and not very interesting. So sorry if this seems kind of boring.

It makes complete sense that those with problems would post on this forum for assistance. And it appears, that in many of the cases, they find solutions to their issues. I would suggest that those with problems are greatly outnumbered by those of us who have no issues with our Transformers. If one has a tablet with defects or qualms about their purchases where else would one go to vent or to ask for assistance?

I am definitely not trying to rub it in anyone's face but the build quality on mine is literally perfect. No gaps in the case or bezel, no hair under the screen or in the camera, all of the switches work flawlessly, sound from the speakers is balanced and (all things considered) decent, the cameras focus and do their job. It works exactly as I hoped and expected. I have empathy for those of you who have had bad luck with your tablets. If you are discouraged and angry I understand and would surely share the same disappointment.

But I would like to suggest that the vast majority of Transformer owners are very pleased with their purchases and their tablets meet or exceed their expectations. Those with problems (certainly not minimizing those with issues) are in the minority.

I am not addressing any issues regarding Honeycomb. That's really not Asus' domain. Nor am considering the comparative value of an iPad or a Galaxy Tab or an Iconia or a whatever. I just want to offer that my Transformer (and probably most owners') is fully functional, built well and enjoyable to own. Have no fear. Feel free to buy one knowing full well that you will get a great product.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Asus.

32GB Asus Infinity w. Amethyst keyboard
    32GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    64GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    32GB Asus Transformer B60 - gone

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    x2 - Had it for over a month and absolutely no issues (it has gotten better).

Transformer TF101
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Novatel (Verizon) MiFi 4150L Hotspot

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    +3 No dust, no bleed, no battery issues, no restarts, absolutely perfect.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    Thanks, leehsor, I forgot to mention no battery issues, no restarts and no bleed.

I was totally prepared for light bleed when I ordered my Transformer. I guess I just assumed that from all I had read that light bleed would be par for the course and I had better accept it. Heck no! Mine has none!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    +4. It's been great since I bought it in May.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There are two kinds of customers. The first kind of customer buys something, they then use and enjoy what they have spent. This kind of consumers are easy to deal with as they won't notice any problems unless there is something obvious like a dent in a car. The second kind of consumer buys something, and then they focus on whether they have spent on something that matchs their expectations both functionally AND qualitatively. These are the people who care about tiny scratch marks on each wheel like me!!

Besides, not everyone has the same expectation on quality so some are complaining and you may not.

Another reason for many people joining discussions on complains is probably because some of us bought TF from local stores which allow exchange/returns within certain number of days. So it is understandable that they check for problems which others reported in this forum and join the discussions.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Bought Asus EeePad Transformer 3 months ago and it has performed beyond my expectations....great piece of kit.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    The Op is so right. Just go to any other forum ie: iPad2, Xoom, Acer etc. and look at the complaints over there! I was just looking at an iPad forum where they were complaining about lightbleed, apps crashing, screens freezing, crappy cameras, etc etc. It was almost a carbon copy of this forum! I was surprised because we all "know" how perfect the iPad2 is. The legend SJ has told us so.

And my 3+ month old B40 model TF has been perfect, and I would compare side by side the well built quality of my Transformer to an iPad2 anyday!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am perfectly happy with my Transformer and I have no issues with bezel, frame, camera, etc.....

But I do have light bleed, just not enough to make me want to take it back. Its only noticeable if your in a completely dark room and have a black image displayed on screen.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    Yamato: I am merely trying to suggest that, despite the reports of issues with the Transformer, the majority of owners are quite satisfied with their purchase. And, as one might expect, they don't regularly report on their satisfaction. I wanted to be one of the exceptions. I also wanted to let visitors to the forum know that they don't have to be apprehensive about purchasing a Transformer. Regarding expectations of quality: I actually had lowered expectations due to the proliferation of complaints on this forum. I literally expected to receive a problematic device; one which I would might have to return to the vendor because of poor craftsmanship etc. Even with that in mind I decided that the Transformer met my personal needs better than the equally excellent iPad or Iconia or Galaxy Tab. So I made the plunge despite the plethora of complaints. I am not disappointed and am quite pleased with my purchase. I had hoped that I focused more on the tablet itself rather than on the nature of consumers. Per your example some consumers will never be happy with any product; and will always feel as if they were cheated by the vendor or the manufacturer. Again, it is usually the squeaky wheel that gets the notice and the oil. I just don't believe that, proportionally out of the thousands and thousands sold, there are enough bad Transformers to discourage one from making the purchase. I would also agree that the ratio of good to bad Transformers is little consolation to those who feel they are 'stuck' with a lemon.
    mitzzi likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links