Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Transformer freeze

Hi,

Since the last update 8.6.5.9, my asus transformer randomly freezes. My only option is then to long press the power button and then restart it. It happens when going to the application screen. IT freezes during the opening animation so i only have like a few big icons stuck on my screen because the animation doesn't finish before my system hangs up.

Anyone had the same issue ?

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Hi,

Since the last update 8.6.5.9, my asus transformer randomly freezes. My only option is then to long press the power button and then restart it. It happens when going to the application screen. IT freezes during the opening animation so i only have like a few big icons stuck on my screen because the animation doesn't finish before my system hangs up.

Anyone had the same issue ?

Thanks for your feedback guys.
    Sounds like a corrupted file Try a hard rest and let's see if that corrects the problem.
    Hard Reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Seems like the problem is solved for the moment. Didn't have any freeze. Except for one android 2.2 app that tried even though it was marked as not supporting honeycomb (Yeah i'm a daredevil )

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I am hew here and freezing problems with me eepad brought me here. I have experienced hanging and freezing on my eepad since day 2 when I first bought it, started with smurfville and youtube. I also get freezed on random sites and apps, and I was wondering if this is a common problem associated with the eepad's build, android OS or if I just got a lemon. I still have 2 weeks on my return policy and I have been debating whether to replace my purchase with another tablet (hopefully not IPAD2) or upgrade to the prime when it comes available.. Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    for smurfs village, our tf is not at fault but the app itself. according to beeline (the developer) the game is not honeycomb supported. thats why it hangs a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PINTIG View Post
    Hi, I am hew here and freezing problems with me eepad brought me here. I have experienced hanging and freezing on my eepad since day 2 when I first bought it, started with smurfville and youtube. I also get freezed on random sites and apps, and I was wondering if this is a common problem associated with the eepad's build, android OS or if I just got a lemon. I still have 2 weeks on my return policy and I have been debating whether to replace my purchase with another tablet (hopefully not IPAD2) or upgrade to the prime when it comes available.. Any inputs is greatly appreciated.
    HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.3
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with Keyoard Dock on 3.2.1
    Clone Quad Core Desktop (Win 7 64bit)/ Acer Aspire 4736 (Win7 32bit)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also bought it for Christmas, and had a lot of random freezes (like 2/3 crashes per day), sometimes watching videos, other times just in the home screen, with different behaviors.

I tough it was faulty, until I read somewhere here in the forum about the Cold reboot possibility. I tried and voilá... no more freezes and i'm a happy man again

Try it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links