Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9536
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Question Widgets disappear randomly

    Good morning all,

    I am using the most up to day firmware on the TF (which came out last week?), anyway I have this annoying problem.

    I like widgets, I have a few of them for my mail, calendar, twitter, etc.

    Every now and then all of my widgets will disappear only leaving my icons on the desktop. I tried killing any running service that I thought may have gotten in the way but nothing seems to bring them back. Only a shutdown/restart does.

    Does anyone know why this happens/how to fix it without a restart?

    No, my tablet is not rooted.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nclero View Post
    Good morning all,

    I am using the most up to day firmware on the TF (which came out last week?), anyway I have this annoying problem.

    I like widgets, I have a few of them for my mail, calendar, twitter, etc.

    Every now and then all of my widgets will disappear only leaving my icons on the desktop. I tried killing any running service that I thought may have gotten in the way but nothing seems to bring them back. Only a shutdown/restart does.

    Does anyone know why this happens/how to fix it without a restart?

    No, my tablet is not rooted.

    Thanks!
    Hello and welcome to the Forum. Are you using the Asus stock screens or have you installed a 3rd party app/launcher to build your screens?

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9536
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Forum. Are you using the Asus stock screens or have you installed a 3rd party app/launcher to build your screens?
    Hello, thank you for the reply.

    I am not using anything special to build my screens. Just whatever came with the device.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nclero View Post
    Hello, thank you for the reply.

    I am not using anything special to build my screens. Just whatever came with the device.

    Thanks!
    If I understand correctly, you are installing widgets to your home screen. After browsing around on your TF, you return to your HS and the widgets are gone.
    Are you sure which screen you have installed the widgets to as there are 5 available screens. You can swipe right to left and left to right to see the additional screens.
    Check to see if the widgets are on the alternator screens.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9536
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Correct. This explains the situation.

    I have confirmed that all widgets on all screens are now missing. Upon a complete restart everything reappears.

  6. #6
    Jazz
    Member #
    4628
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    78
    Liked
    4 times
    The slacker widget does this to me all the time. Its not there but i cant put another widget where it was.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Jazz
    Member #
    333
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    3 times
    happens to me occasionally too... the widget graphics will dissapear, but if you tap where the widget is, you can still move it and delte it, it just doesnt show. resets seem to fix the problem

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9536
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Well atleast it's not jut me then. I wish there was an actual fix for this.

    Does using a thirdparty desktop manager or whatever make a difference? I didn't even know such a thing was available.


    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Jazz
    Member #
    8356
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    8 times
    I have the same problem but so far only with the weatherbug widget. It annoyed me so much I took it out

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. plugged in Mic (combo jack) works randomly?
    By alien00785 in forum Asus Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 01:58 AM
  2. Week Old Transformer Has Started to Randomly Reboot
    By bjblackmore in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 01:59 PM
  3. Missing widgets
    By Corbie in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 07:17 PM
  4. Widgets ?
    By gwc17 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  5. SD Card Randomly Goes Funky
    By darkonex in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM

Search tags for this page

asus transformer widgets disappear
,
iphone widget disappeared
,
my calendar widget disappeared
,
slacker widget disappears
,
twitter widget disappeared
,
why did my twitter widget disappear
,
why did my widget disappear
,

why did my widgets disappear

,

why do my widgets disappear

,
widgets disappear
,
widgets disappear iphone
,
widgets disappeared
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 AM.