Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

mkv files freezing what can i do ?

Hi all,

I bought my TF to play movies and watch on my tv.. but im having some problems, i got mkv file and put to run with moboplayer however this laggy alot.. cant watch movie.. so i was thinking the file that i got have some problem.. so i downloaded another file.. same problem..
    Movies 720p run excellent no laggy.. perfect.. but 1080p...

Im using Android 3.2

Ty

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by magao View Post
    Hi all,

I bought my TF to play movies and watch on my tv.. but im having some problems, i got mkv file and put to run with moboplayer however this laggy alot.. cant watch movie.. so i was thinking the file that i got have some problem.. so i downloaded another file.. same problem..
    Movies 720p run excellent no laggy.. perfect.. but 1080p...

Im using Android 3.2

Ty
    Most MKV's uses settings for the video that is not supported by the hardware decoder. Players like MoboPlayer have a software-based decoding engine, which enables support for these files, as well as other formats, however, because the playback is done by the processor rather than the video decoding chip, it doesn't have the same performance, resulting in your laggy video playback.

If your videos are encoded in the proper format, the Transformer is capable of playing 1080p video files at 20Mbps, but using the software-decoding engine, not so much.
    Overclocking can help with some files, but you might want to stick to 720p instead.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

yeah i know this.. i saw in many posts.. but.. some peoples said that can play and watch 1080p mkv files .. only a few laggy... im having big laggy freezing all time.. only sound play as well..
    argh.. i only bought TF to play movies =((

Ty

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by magao View Post
    Hi,

yeah i know this.. i saw in many posts.. but.. some peoples said that can play and watch 1080p mkv files .. only a few laggy... im having big laggy freezing all time.. only sound play as well..
    argh.. i only bought TF to play movies =((

Ty
    there is a lot of difference in 1080 files.

with video, it usually is h264/avc video, but the bitrate, the profile as well as the advanced settings used to create the file all affect playability.

Then there are a collection of audio formats, ac3, e-ac3, dts, dts-hd, flac etc, all of which affect playback too, not even accounting for movies with multiple audio tracks in them.

And of course the file-size if you play the files from SD. Some 1080's are 8GB for a movie, but others are 16GB for a movie of the same length.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So..

this file have 10GB.. is AC3/DTS.. in both files.. =( i tested download a full hd movie from youtube.. size 40MB.. with a free video downloader.. and play.. so worst..

=/

is there any video convert to set the best format to play in TF ?

Ty

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Handbrake (freeware, do a search) can convert, and plays great on the TF. Just use the "Normal" profile, and it does fine.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Hi:

I use Dice player, it's about $5 as I recall, and it plays my MKV videos.

Tom
    32gb Transformer 101 & 201 with dock
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi ty for answers,

I will try handbreak to test i will post when i test it.

About dice player , it cant play my movie..and in your description said that this player is for 720p mkv files.. im trying play 1080p.. 720p i can play without any problem..

Cya

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Plex to stream movies to my TF... it plays all my mkv's perfectly since it re-encodes on the fly, of course this is only good for when I am home on wireless (it has option to stream outside of the network too, but I havent tried this)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    hi, magao

i feel like 1080p and 720p video not much different visually, so i also suggest you converting 1080p to 720p. if you have many videos to deal with, you also can consider buying a professional video tool, Foxreal video converter is recommended to you.

it's an all-in-one tool, with it, you can convert many video formats, 1080p or 1080i HD movies also can be handled well. besides, it allows you to edit videos, such as crop, trim, combine, add watermarks, remove interlace etc

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links