Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS Transformer Buzz when plugged in

Hi I have just purchased a new Transformer, but when I dock it and put the AC plug and connect, when I move my fingers on the sides of the touchpad, I feel a slight buzz on my fingertips...I swear this is grounding, just called ASUS tech support, they recommended I have a new unit replacement. Has this occured to anybody else?? I dont thin the adaptor is grounded correctly.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I think it's quite common although probably not too safe. I kinda enjoy the feeling myself.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Make sure the charger plug is the right way up/round.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I've tried to replicate it and for some reason it is not happening today! I have t ried with the plug in both directions and with the Transformer out of it's case. I know I'm not crazy (debateable) and this used to send out shockwaves whenever I would charge it while connected to the dock!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Would any of you chaps know what the buzz is? I assume its only because of the dock's battery charging, coz I only get the "shock" on the dock side, not when the tablet is plugged in and seperated from the dock unit. Notwithstanding, I've had this tablet for a week now, and loving every bit of it
    Last edited by raybeezjr; 08-26-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    Mine buzzes me now too. I'm outside of best buy's exchange timeline but I did buy the one year warranty. Anyone know if it would would be covered under that? I don't want to ship it to Asus and not have it for a long time. If it's a huge pain in the butt I probably won't do anything about it. Plus I really don't want to lose all my apps and favorites and have to set it up all over again!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MaylonTRD View Post
    Mine buzzes me now too. I'm outside of best buy's exchange timeline but I did buy the one year warranty. Anyone know if it would would be covered under that? I don't want to ship it to Asus and not have it for a long time. If it's a huge pain in the butt I probably won't do anything about it. Plus I really don't want to lose all my apps and favorites and have to set it up all over again!
    Did you install the latest update back on the 23rd? If so and it's still doing it then all I can say is that I have noticed mine do it pretty much since day one but when I checked for it yesterday I couldn't make it do it? So I don't know if the latest update fixed it or if it is just a come and go thing due to something in the lines or whatever. I have never really worried about it and I charge my dock and Transformer pretty much every night except for the 2 week period when they were benches in favor of the iPad 2!
    Current Devices:

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    Yes I updated on Tuesday. I've never noticed it before but normally I just plug it in at night and leave it until morning. Yesterday and today I didn't charge it so it would go dead. When it did I plugged it in and after about five minutes it hadn't turned itself on so I did it manually. That's when I noticed the buzz so I don't know if it always did it or not. I wouldn't say that I'm all that concerned about it now but if it's going to be repaired/exchanged I'd rather do it sooner than later.

I wonder if this only happens when the battery is below say 20% because once it was charged up a bit it stopped doing it?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Yeah it is strange and I'll say that it isn't consistent. I know you'd feel better if 10-15 people would step up and say, "mine does it too" but so far they're being quiet so I don't know what to tell you other than what I've experienced. But you do what you're comfortable with.
    Current Devices:

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Mickey, "MINE DOES IT TOO!"

Noticed it this morning, flipped the plug around in the wall, and the buzzing/tingling feeling disappears. Flipped it back, let it sit for 2-3 minutes and then touched it and the buzzing is back.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links