Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By khx73
  • 1 Post By khx73

Thread: transformer so sick, i want it in my car!

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8786
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    toron0 canada eh?
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times

    transformer so sick, i want it in my car!

    Hi,

    I am loving my transformer so much that I want to mount it in my car, and have a multimedia monster in my car.

    I am looking for either an air-vent mount or a din space mount.

    something liek this
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with car mount, tethered, using Google Maps Navigation - YouTube
    This one is an air vent mount.

    However, I seen videos where the mount was inserted into the empty din space below the deck.

    Any ideas where I should look for a mount like that?

    After that all I need is a mp3 deck with an auxiliary port, and I can start charging people money to watch movies in my car : D

    just joking.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mediumsteak View Post
    Hi,

    I am loving my transformer so much that I want to mount it in my car, and have a multimedia monster in my car.

    I am looking for either an air-vent mount or a din space mount.

    something liek this
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with car mount, tethered, using Google Maps Navigation - YouTube
    This one is an air vent mount.

    However, I seen videos where the mount was inserted into the empty din space below the deck.

    Any ideas where I should look for a mount like that?

    After that all I need is a mp3 deck with an auxiliary port, and I can start charging people money to watch movies in my car : D

    just joking.
    Check this thread.. it may help
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...older-car.html

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8786
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    toron0 canada eh?
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

    WOW!
    these scammers want $149 for a metal frame to hold up a tablet? are they insane?
    Thanks for sharing, but I am not interested in selling my lung just so I can buy a tablet holder.
    I hope that is not your company, because no way I am buying that thing

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    6769
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    3 times
    Yikes.. for $150, it better have a keyboard, trackpad, 2 USB ports, SD slot, and an extra battery! Sheesh
    mediumsteak likes this.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8786
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    toron0 canada eh?
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
    Yikes.. for $150, it better have a keyboard, trackpad, 2 USB ports, SD slot, and an extra battery! Sheesh
    It would be unreasonable to buy that stand, as I would have to sell my car to get it. Doesn't make sense if I have no car and just a tablet and a stand

    People might think something is wrong with me walking around with a stand like that

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    6769
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mediumsteak View Post
    It would be unreasonable to buy that stand, as I would have to sell my car to get it. Doesn't make sense if I have no car and just a tablet and a stand

    People might think something is wrong with me walking around with a stand like that
    I don't disagree.. however, should you change your mind, post some pics for us to enjoy.

    Getting a new truck next week, would like the option for the TF... but not at that price
    mediumsteak likes this.

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    9751
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Just have a look at www.brodit.com
    They sell tablet holders for every car.

  8. #8
    Jazz
    Member #
    1639
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    0 times
    Tried out the TF with dock (sitting on the passenger seat) driving up through Spain today. Used Sygic software. Coped OK with the tunnels under Madrid and in the North-West, picking up the signal as soon as the car emerged . Awesome 3D graphics coming through the mountain passes. But heavy drain on batteries - both batteries started at 100%, and after 7 hours dock was at 0% and TF at 34%

  9. #9
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have used the TF (no dock) in my vehicle with the default Navigation. With streaming music from Pandora or Google Music Beta, GPS on and full brightenss (and tethered to WiFi on phone) I got about 6 hours instead of the normal 9. I made a car charger out of an old USB car charger - modified it to output 12 VDC instead of 5 VDC and it works like a champ!


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  10. #10
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2509
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Posts
    841
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mediumsteak View Post
    It would be unreasonable to buy that stand, as I would have to sell my car to get it. Doesn't make sense if I have no car and just a tablet and a stand
    You could sell the tablet to buy the stand. That way you'll have a car and a stand to attach it to

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

asus eee pad transformer car charger
,
asus eee pad transformer car dock
,
asus eee pad transformer car mount
,
asus transformer car charger
,
asus transformer car dock
,

asus transformer car mount

,
asus transformer car stands
,
asus transformer charging stand
,
eee pad transformer car mount
,
eee transformer car mount
,
eepad transformer in car
,
tablet mount empty din
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.