Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

playing youtube while on other tabs or evn other apps?

Youtube stop when I go to another tab, or another app, is there a way around this like a normal pc? XD

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    if you are just listening to music... try the tinyshark app(it is a grooveshark client) on the market... plays while you are on other applications

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    For YouTube videos, the only way to get anything to play in the background that I have found is to use Opera Mobile, but it will ONLY play while you are surfing the web using Opera Mobile. If you switch to another app, it will stop playing. You can browser the web and listen to youtube, but that is pretty much the only way I have found.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    For YouTube videos, the only way to get anything to play in the background that I have found is to use Opera Mobile, but it will ONLY play while you are surfing the web using Opera Mobile. If you switch to another app, it will stop playing. You can browser the web and listen to youtube, but that is pretty much the only way I have found.
    Correct, it seems strange to me that Android and most apps are built this way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackers View Post
    Correct, it seems strange to me that Android and most apps are built this way.
    The strange thing to me is why anyone would want to use SlowTube to listen to music? TF has built-in Vibe app, music app, and radio streaming app and works in the background. Plus I have all my CD's converted and can listen to them just fine with the built-in music player. SlowTube is mostly for losers not willing to pay for music, and they end up hogging all the bandwidth. That why SlowTube is so slow to queue up stuff these days.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am curious about this as well, i like to listen to the channels on somafm.com, and i can't figure out how to do it. When i use the built in popup player it cuts off when moving to another tab.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathon View Post
    The strange thing to me is why anyone would want to use SlowTube to listen to music? TF has built-in Vibe app, music app, and radio streaming app and works in the background. Plus I have all my CD's converted and can listen to them just fine with the built-in music player. SlowTube is mostly for losers not willing to pay for music, and they end up hogging all the bandwidth. That why SlowTube is so slow to queue up stuff these days.
    Who mentioned music? Personally I watch/listen to a lot of documentaries and also presentations on software development on YouTube. Oftentimes I would hear some interesting snippet and head off to my browser to google some more info or a clarification. I don't actually need to stop the video as mainly the info is still being transmitted by voice. But the built in youtube app decides to stop... why? If i want to pause it I will pause it myself.

I also don't understand why anyone would use youtube to "listen to music" and suspect very few actually do .. so wtf are you talking about? Oh I get it, you are actually a smart ass who likes to use "clever" words like SlowTube (yawn) and thinks they understand questions when they really haven't considered what is actually being asked. Broaden your horizons my friend. Incidentally you may have noticed that YouTube actually encourages the use of its service for music videos .. and it is their bandwidth after all.

never mind ... am just grumpy today.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dimeified View Post
    I am curious about this as well, i like to listen to the channels on somafm.com, and i can't figure out how to do it. When i use the built in popup player it cuts off when moving to another tab.
    I use XiiaLive lite for this ... its a little ugly on honeycomb .. but it does work for what you want. Just do a search for somafm and add each station to favourites ...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Locklear View Post
    Youtube stop when I go to another tab, or another app, is there a way around this like a normal pc? XD
    I guess the reason is that with a PC you can have windows open side by side, or even on another screen, and therefore
    having video players or Youtube playing in one window while doing something else in another visible window makes sense on a PC.

As in Andriod, every app is full screen or Tabbed, when the video player/Youtube app is not the active app/Tab, it makes sense for it to stop to save battery/resources?

Makes sense to me anyway!!

Of course streaming audio, i.e. internet radio in the background is possible while other apps are being used. (Unless it is another audio type app I guess, not tried it!!)
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I cant even play any utubes !!!. I don't know but this asus doesn't let me do much at all. I only want the average things. Ive had it less than a week and it seems crap....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads