Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Daily Tips!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Daily Tips!

It appears that most of us are learning something new everyday, about our Transformer. Information is either obtained by trail and error or from a helpful member of this forum and I thank them for their assistance.

It would be nice to have an ongoing general thread related to various usefull tips that we discovered either by design or accident. I've had my tablet for such a short period, I have nothing to offer at this time but I will be happy to pass on my findings when I discover them.

Please post the tips that you feel are helpful and worthy of knowing for better performance or eliminating problems with our Transformer . Thank you!
    eeeagle and Shoezy like this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Great idea. I will add the first

Keyboard Toggle On/Off

Just tap the KB Docked Icon in the notification bar and you can toggle on or off

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You mean when you toggle the docked keyboard off you can then force the onscreen software keyboard without needing to undock ?
    Does it has a positive effect on energy consumption as do toggling WiFi and Bluethoot on of with the keyboard keys on row 1 ?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    10 times
    Great idea for a thread!

I like using my whole screen when browsing the web. I found that we can make the browser take up the entire screen with using "Quick Controls".
    So with just a press and a push of either right or left thumb (from either side of tablet) you can access your bookmarks, stop, refresh, add or close etc.

I don't know if this works with all browsers, but with the stock Honeycomb browser it works great.

To enable the Quick Controls go to:
    -Settings>Labs then check "Quick Controls".

Hope this helps someone...I love making my TF screen seem larger than it is.
    -Asus Eee Pad TF- 32GB w/ Dock-
    -Evo 4g-

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    For TF + Dock owners:

Your dock's battery (and your tablet's battery for that matter) will still drain faster than normal if you don't adjust the following options:

Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Wi-Fi disconnect policy -> When screen turns off needs to be selected

Settings -> MobileDock Battery saving mode needs to be checked

The latter setting will only be visible when the Transformer is docked.

I have found that if Wi-Fi is not set to turn off when the screen turns off, then the MobileDock Battery saving mode setting is ignored as the trackpad will still wake the device up from sleep.
    Principe and hepcat like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CUWader View Post
    It appears that most of us are learning something new everyday, about our Transformer. Information is either obtained by trail and error or from a helpful member of this forum and I thank them for their assistance.

It would be nice to have an ongoing general thread related to various usefull tips that we discovered either by design or accident. I've had my tablet for such a short period, I have nothing to offer at this time but I will be happy to pass on my findings when I discover them.

Please post the tips that you feel are helpful and worthy of knowing for better performance or eliminating problems with our Transformer . Thank you!
    This doesnt work for me. When I tap the icon, it just shows a message that the keyboard is connected. i doubt it works for anyone, lol.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The previous tip from Jeffrey on the keyboard toggle didn't work for me either, unfortunately. If I pressed on the "keyboard docked" icon, it would stop typing for a few seconds, and then revert to typing when the icon went away.
    However, Principe's tip on quick controls for making the stock browser full screen is already helping!
    Thanks to you all for your suggestions.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
    TF 101 32g with docking keyboard, Honeycomb 3.2 (unrooted, too noob-ish and scared)
    HTC Desire HD, Gingerbread 2.3.3 (unrooted, see above)
    HP Pavillion dm3, Windows 7

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    PS- I think the daily tip idea itself is really good. It might be a way of slowly disseminating the various bits of information that have accumulated throughout this great forum. It could be an alternative to checking FAQs and Sticky Threads when you want to know something specific on a topic. The only problem is that some good-hearted moderator would have to create a space for it and update it. Still, I'd love to see this. All the tips I've found throughout the forum have been so helpful it would be nice to have a steady flow of such tips, because sometimes you don't even know exactly what you're looking for!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
    TF 101 32g with docking keyboard, Honeycomb 3.2 (unrooted, too noob-ish and scared)
    HTC Desire HD, Gingerbread 2.3.3 (unrooted, see above)
    HP Pavillion dm3, Windows 7

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    [Not fully tested]

People wanting to change Google accounts that they are using for their tablet, I don't know if it is the same on Honeycomb, but on 2.1 you could not swap accounts without factory resetting the device.

I changed my Gmail password on the PC, and soon as I tried to access the market on the tablet, it popped up asking for my Google account password, but also in the popup was the gmail email address

I am guessing you could type in a whole new account login and keep everything on the tablet as it is.

Like I say, untested but might be a top tip if there is no other way to do it without wiping the device

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    The previous tip from Jeffrey on the keyboard toggle didn't work for me either, unfortunately. If I pressed on the "keyboard docked" icon, it would stop typing for a few seconds, and then revert to typing when the icon went away.
    However, Principe's tip on quick controls for making the stock browser full screen is already helping!
    Thanks to you all for your suggestions.
    Look at the notification bar when the keyboard is docked. You should see a small keyboard as the first icon. Touch that keyboard and you get a toggle KB on/off.
    And yes, while in the off position, it does force the on screen KB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links