Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battery Life

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery Life

The battery life for the Transformer TF101 is advertised as Nine & half hours, I get barely Four hours.
    Is my tablet defective ?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moodyville View Post
    The battery life for the Transformer TF101 is advertised as Nine & half hours, I get barely Four hours.
    Is my tablet defective ?
    Hard to tell. Do you know what's running? And what are you doing for those 4 hours?

I heard that Skype is notoriously bad with battery life.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moodyville View Post
    Is my tablet defective ?
    The quoted 9 hours is dependent on the way the TF is setup. IE screen brightness, BT & WIFI on/off etc. Four hours seems unreasonable. I have my TF with screen turned up and WIFI always on getting an easy 8 hours

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I would let it run all the way out. Drain the battery till it dies and then charge it up and see what happens. If it's not better try a hard reset and even a Factory Reset followed by a return if it's still not better.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Mickey has a good idea there. Run it all the way down then let it charge for 8 hours, as if it was new.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    As was pointed out, the battery life of 9 hours is based on 60 nits of brightness (which I believe to be just about minimum) while watching 720p video and WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth off.

If I am streaming music from the internet, and using the GPS for navigation while driving I get about 6 hours with full brightness with just the tablet.

I would give it 2-3 charge cycles to see what happens, but it seems like yours is pretty low. Also, be sure that if you put it down that your sleep settings are not causing battery drain. Even with the WiFi set to Off with screen, some apps like Skype and Talk will keep the WiFi up the entire time draining your battery. I grabbed an app called Auto Airplane Mode that will put the TF in airplane mode when you put it to sleep, then remove it from airplane mode when you wake it up.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i don't see how i can get 9.5 hrs. According to the battery log, i have my screen on for 5.5hrs since the last charge. And the graph shows it has been 2 days since the last recharge (most of the time it is in standby). The current battery is 25%. I have wifi turned on most of the time and it is in flight mode when the screen is off (using the auto-flight mode app). My screen is set to the dimmest setting.

Is the battery indicator accurate? i.e. Does 1% when the battery is full last just as long as 1% when the battery is close to empty?
    Last edited by yamato; 08-26-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yamato View Post
    i don't see how i can get 9.5 hrs. According to the battery log, i have my screen on for 5.5hrs since the last charge. And the graph shows it has been 2 days since the last recharge (most of the time it is in standby). The current battery is 25%. I have wifi turned on most of the time and it is in flight mode when the screen is off (using the auto-flight mode app). My screen is set to the dimmest setting.

Is the battery indicator accurate? i.e. Does 1% when the battery is full last just as long as 1% when the battery is close to empty?
    It seems to be pretty consistent all the way to at least 3% anyway. lol I know this is very important so some so I am not trying to make light of it but it is easy to over examine and tweak trying to get 7 hours instead of 6:45 and if that's what you need to do then go for it. But for me I'm comfortable knowing that I consistently can use my Transformer all day at work without a charger. If I start to notice the battery not holding like it should then I will discharge it all the way and recharge it and i feel confident that will clear up issue.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I suggest we should setup a poll to survey how many real world usage hours each member gets from a full recharge. This info helps to decide whether our units are below performance average that need RMA.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yamato View Post
    I suggest we should setup a poll to survey how many real world usage hours each member gets from a full recharge. This info helps to decide whether our units are below performance average that need RMA.
    Too many variables such as screen brightness, push email, how often checking push email, how many email accounts, how much email downloading (5 emails or 500), type of use gaming or web browsing or typing a to do list. Some people are very heavy users and will get 5-6 hours while others don't do much of anything and will get a freaking week!
    Frederuco likes this.
    Current Devices:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links