Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Mini HDMI output to TV/receiver

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Mini HDMI output to TV/receiver

I got a mini hdmi cable yesterday and tried plugging it into my receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608) and all I get is a blue screen. The Transformer recognized I plugged a HDMI cable into it but isn't putting out anything to my tv. I use this same input on my reciever for my laptop all the time. Anyone know what the deal is??? Anyone have the same problem?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm actually having the exact same problem.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Have you tried plugging it straight into the HDMI port on your TV instead of your receiver? I'm guessing that the receiver is something other than your TV of course so sorry if it isn't.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Did you get this working? I haven't ordered a cable just yet but would like to asap.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I use mini HDMI to TV several times a week with no issues so I have no idea what problem these guys are talking about.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm plugging straight into my tv. When I plug my Transformer up to the tv it recognized that the cable was hooked up but as soon as I switched the tv to the corresponding input the indicator on my tablet disappeared. Maybe it has something to do with my TV.

Sent from my Transformer

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    I'm plugging straight into my tv. When I plug my Transformer up to the tv it recognized that the cable was hooked up but as soon as I switched the tv to the corresponding input the indicator on my tablet disappeared. Maybe it has something to do with my TV.

Sent from my Transformer
    That's weird. Have you tried plugging the HDMI cord to a different or on the TV? Most TVs have more than 1 HDMI port.Maybe you could try it on another TV or a friend's TV. You might discover it to be a cable issue.
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Just got my cable in, plugged it straight into the TV and it worked fine. Only thing that gave it issues was the Youtube app, the screen would flicker on and off for a while before finally playing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi!

I tried out the hdmi back in Maui on Vacation on a HDTV in the condo and it worked just fine. I got back from vacation and tried it on my Panasonic G15 HDTV Plasma and absolutely nothing on all three hdmi ports. Went back to where I bought it and it worked on a computer monitor and on an LG 42PT350 (42" Plasma). It must be related to what my TV can accept in the hdmi ports. Here is what the hdmi can accept on the Panasonic G15:
    hdmi version 1.3
    480/60i
    480/60p
    720/60p
    1080/60i
    1080/60p
    1080/24p

Here is what is accepted by the LG hdmi ports:
    hdmi version 1.4
    1080/60p/30p/24p

So if the LG works and my Panasonic does not, then the output of the TF hdmi is in 1080/30p or maybe 720/30p/24p. Otherwise, it should have worked. I suspect that the TF hdmi output is 720/30p but I can't confirm this in any documentation that I can find. If you know it, please post the link to the info.

I was hoping I could use the TF with my Panasonic TV, but unless I get a firmware upgrade, it currently does not work. Not really sure if a firmware upgrade will even be possible to fix this problem. Not really a big issue with me, but just a slight let down.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Just found out I have the same problem. Panasonic G20 plasma. I get nothing. If I plug the HDMI into my HP monitor it works. Another disappointment. This ties in with frame judder I believe. I cannot find any info on what the display refresh rate is on the TF either.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links