Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

android + webct = ???

Hey guys. Total noob here, was curious if anyone had experienxe with using their tf101 with a webct school system. Going to HACC, and i'm having issues getting access. Thinking maybe it's either browser/java revision related. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraeus View Post
    Hey guys. Total noob here, was curious if anyone had experienxe with using their tf101 with a webct school system. Going to HACC, and i'm having issues getting access. Thinking maybe it's either browser/java revision related. Thanks in advance for suggestions!
    Hello Kyraeus and welcome to the Forum. Sorry to say I have no direct experience with webct. Look around hangout I am sure someone will have the info you seek.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraeus View Post

Opera mobile works best for me.
    Stephen

For a better experience use Open Source Software.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm I would also like to know if Webct works with Android... As all of my classes are on Webct lol

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In retrospect, playing around with it more, I'm having issues directly with what turned out to be a link via webct to a word doc, and probably others... I haven't tested those yet. Android seems to have issues with a lot of files I attempt to download from sites using specific 'odd' formats like this... things like megashares/rapidshare, etc.. all seem to have issues (I'm assuming with how they handle hand-offs to the actual files.. instead of downloading the rar files I want, I end up getting an html page, which I assume desktop browsers know is an attempt to redirect).

Otherwise, I was at least able to log in to Web-CT using the TF101, it just tends to bork out on the downloads, and once in awhile on a few other things.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by S15drifto View Post
    Hmmm I would also like to know if Webct works with Android... As all of my classes are on Webct lol
    There is an android app that you can use as well, but in all my experience, Opera Mobile has been the best. You can use the default browser but...
    ...I was at least able to log in to Web-CT using the TF101, it just tends to bork out on the downloads, and once in awhile on a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by kyraeus
    Android seems to have issues with a lot of files I attempt to download from sites using specific 'odd' formats like this... things like megashares/rapidshare, etc.. all seem to have issues
    This has to do with the apps you have and where your getting the files from. Obviously you'll need special apps to handle each format. You may not think of it when you use a desktop, but if it wasn't for the hundreds of apps you have installed, your desktop wouldn't be able to handle those files either. rapidshare is the other similar sites have numerous ways of "protecting" your files and assuring access. They do this by making you wait, flashing 154,234,254,218 ads, redirects, and other methods. To me this is absolutely bogus and upsetting, it's clearly obvious these websites spend more bandwidth and CPU on copy protection and download throttle than on the actual downloads.

My best advice is to use a different browser and to install some file managers. One of my favorites that never gets mentioned here is ASTRO. It's a pretty cheap app and has been around for quite awhile, but it will help you manage your files and downloads. Opera Mobile and Miren are two of the better browsers you can use.
    Stephen

For a better experience use Open Source Software.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links