Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Docking Station is not working! Help!

Hello All,

I have been reading the forum post and I see where the 3.2 upgrade locked up a few docking stations. In reading them I saw how to HARD or COLD boot the system. I have followed that several time and I still can not get the docking station to work. When I plug the transformer into the docking station I get a ? in the battery location. Anyone gotten that before? Any suggestions to get this working?

Thanks

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have seen a few people who got the ? in the battery when docked. The end result was they RMA'd the dock to ASUS or the retailer to fix the issue.

EDIT: Also, wanted to welcome you to the forum. Sorry for your troubles too.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgoblue View Post
    Hello All,

I have been reading the forum post and I see where the 3.2 upgrade locked up a few docking stations. In reading them I saw how to HARD or COLD boot the system. I have followed that several time and I still can not get the docking station to work. When I plug the transformer into the docking station I get a ? in the battery location. Anyone gotten that before? Any suggestions to get this working?

Thanks
    Hello and welcome to the Forum.. If you have done the CMR (Hard Reset) and are still getting the same result, then I would contact Asus for a RMA. Sounds like a defective KB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the clearing up the bad news! I kind of thought I was going down the RMA path. It funny how this happen right after the software upgrade to 3.2. Do you think the upgrade "BRICKED" the docking station?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The 3.2 upgrade has caused some issues, I don't know if it is directly responsible for bricking it, or some combo between 3.2, and a dock and tablet.

Something caused it though...

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

same here :(

Same here and worse. 3.2 update seems to have bricked the keyboard and I get the charger problem. The only thing I might have done wrong is do the update with the keyboard docked.

The Charger problem is intermittent - seems to work if I unplug and plug it into the wall socket a few times. Consensus seems to indicate this may well be a software problem.

Keyboard worked once or twice after the update to 3.2. Last time was after a shutdown and reboot, but lost if after the power saver auto-lock. Can't get it to recognise docking at all any more - however it is definitely connecting because charging seems to change the tablet and when I use the tablet with it plugged into the keyboard the battery level remains at 100% - it must be getting charge from the keyboard.
    So, it must be either a software problem by which it doesn't recognise the keyboard is docked, or, in all the docking / undocking I've damaged the connectors somehow (but not the power ones).

Argh! We were just about to go on hols and use it as a portable DVD player, along with games etc. I know, we can do that with just the tablet but after using the keyboard it seems half-lost without it.

Guess it'll have to be RMA'd when we get back. Unless there's a fix before then.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    ASUS is supposed to have new firmware rolled out in the next few days, 8/23 for most users. I would wait until then to see if that fixes your woes.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    ASUS is supposed to have new firmware rolled out in the next few days, 8/23 for most users. I would wait until then to see if that fixes your woes.
    Agree.

The Keyboard Dock firmware is being updated as part of the new content coming soon.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Update didn't fix it

Received the update today as suggested (what a forum!). GPS software seems to have jumped many versions. Otherwise a few minor revisions.

However, it hasn't fixed the docking problem. Maybe it needs a dock firmware update but can't apply it because it doesn't recognise the docked keyboard at the time of the update!.

The problem is really intermittent - sometimes the keyboard works but mostly it doesn't. Charging problem still exists. Shame because it ruins what is otherwise a beautiful device.

Any outlook on further updates? Does anyone know whether the docking firmware can be upgraded separately? - I'm thinking I might be able to download it and have it to hand the next time the keyboard is recognised as being docked - then apply it quick!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    After you update the TF, there should be a popup saying there is a dock update. That will download and install after you acknowledge it.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links