Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

What to Do While we wait on shipping - Questions, Tips, Tricks to prepare -

Seems a lot of us got in on the Best Buy order last week - Target or other availablity. Seems a lot of us are researching etc. while we wait on shipping.

Was introduced to android last year when I pre-ordered the HTC Incredible and have been a soild fan ever since.

Prior to order I did all kinds of research, forum suring, etc. After ordering I thought "ok so now what to do while I wait for shipping?" Was able to update my contacts in google - add pictures - find and mark apps through APPBrain - etc.

Now after ordering my ASUS Transformer I find my self asking the same questions. Having frequented android forums on many sites - xda - deviant art - etc. I find myself a little scattered in preparing for this tablet and through the process of this post organize myself, help others get some ideas, but also ask a few questions.

I found this mini-bag at Target in store last night for $24 Amazon.com: Targus Spruce EcoSmart Mini Messenger Case for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi + 3G, iPad 2, Motorola Xoom TBM022US (Black with Green Accents): Electronics
    it's the 10.2 option with the strap etc.

Picked up an 8 gig microSD card for 18$ thinking with all the cloud storage I use - Drop BOX - hopefully google music soon - Mspot - and others that 16 Gig model and an extra 8 would hold me untill Christmas and I could hit newegg Black Friday or something like that. (you guys and your 64 gig class 10's are hard core around here)

Toying with apps some through this forum and others which is giving me a few ideas. Which brings me to my first question. If I have purchased apps through the android market for my Incredible will those automatically show up in my Transformer? Or will I have to repurchase? What about amazon app store freebie of the day apps? I was thinking they would sync - suppose it's eaiser to uninstall the ones I don't want on the transformer as opposed to manually installing all the ones I want.

App specific questions - Is there a Launcher Pro for tablets yet? A need for it? Circle Launcer - yeah I have it and have used it - but to my understanding it is just for contacts, bookmarks and apps. Any way to link to settings or processes? About custom icons - anyone have gimp templates for icons? Seen a lot in PSD but not paying for Photoshop - (yes I know can get 30 day trial) or any other ideas to edit those text icons?

Will google voice or skype work on the transformer? Any ideas on the best TV watching apps? That's one I haven't gotten into on my incredible but have seen a few that have caught my eye.

I caught the size of the wallpapers in the forums but I have three or five home screens in this tablet right? If so where do I need to crop/Resize the image to get the entire image on the middle or true home screen? For example my image is so many pixels wide I may need to add it to another blank or netural background image in the center so my orignal image fits on the home screen but when scroll left or right screens I see part of that image and the netural background instead of my image just stretched across 5 screens I can't see at the same time thus only seeing some of the image on the home screen. (hope that makes sense)

I think that's it for now - back to tagging my mp3's and getting ideas for wallpapers and layouts

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, you can download your apps from the Android & Amazon marketplace; you will just need to sign in. Also, Google Talk does work though I can't confirm Skype. I don't know if you are aware but the HTC Incredible just got support for Netflix, I tried it the other day and it works great! It doesn't work on the TF though. That's about all I can help with. =)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Skype works but not video.......... yet! And Google Talk is now an app called Talk on the Transformer. It is a stock app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys!!! Yeah the wife has been loving her netflix on her incredible at work and lunch....etc.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links