Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: battery drain

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    5402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times

    battery drain

    After updating to 3.2 I had not used mu TF for 4 days and found out that the battery had drained. Any body else having this problem? Would a hard reboot possibly fix this?

  2. #2
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ewinkler View Post
    After updating to 3.2 I had not used mu TF for 4 days and found out that the battery had drained. Any body else having this problem? Would a hard reboot possibly fix this?
    Depending on how you have your Transformer configured...it could be possible that you've drained your unit purely on the basis of your settings. Its not a matter of doing anything "wrong" - moreso its about being aware of how your Transformer uses power and what things might affect how often you need to charge it.

    WIFI, Bluetooth, and other settings are the most common heavy users of battery life, but there are others.

    It is also possible you may have an issue with your hardware/battery.

    Since your post does not include information on whether or not you have a Keyboad Dock (attached or otherwise), it is somewhat difficult to help diagnose your situation.

    If you do have a KBD...here is a thread all about reported issues on that topic - you can see if this is applicable to your scenario.

    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...-solution.html

  3. #3
    TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    2978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    /EARTH/USA/NC/
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    15,780
    Liked
    2676 times
    Also, check to make sure that you do not have an app (such as Talk or Skype) that keep the WiFi alive despite the settings to turn it off when the screen is off.


    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    5402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Depending on how you have your Transformer configured...it could be possible that you've drained your unit purely on the basis of your settings. Its not a matter of doing anything "wrong" - moreso its about being aware of how your Transformer uses power and what things might affect how often you need to charge it.

    WIFI, Bluetooth, and other settings are the most common heavy users of battery life, but there are others.

    It is also possible you may have an issue with your hardware/battery.

    Since your post does not include information on whether or not you have a Keyboad Dock (attached or otherwise), it is somewhat difficult to help diagnose your situation.

    If you do have a KBD...here is a thread all about reported issues on that topic - you can see if this is applicable to your scenario.

    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...-solution.html
    Sorry, I have the KBD and have read your thread.I think I may have left it in the sleep mode rather than the Off which may have been the reason for the drain. Will leave the unit unattached to the KB next time and will see what happens.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Starscream
    Member #
    7336
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    354
    Liked
    18 times
    My problem:

    The connected KB does NOT wake up the Tb when put in sleep mode when pressing down on keys; however, it seems that with the two connected and put to sleep, battery power drains quickly anyway:

    o last night at midnight - Tb batt: 4%, KB batt: 94%
    o put in sleep mode (apps closed, wifi s/b down (checked off when not connected), bluetooth off)
    o checked first thing this morning - Tb batt: 48%, KB batt: 3%

    I understand KB "transfers" power to the Tb. But viewed together, 98% became only 51%, after sleeping overnight! Is this really normal?
    Last edited by Ben2World; 08-15-2011 at 10:27 AM.

  6. #6
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Also, check to make sure that you do not have an app (such as Talk or Skype) that keep the WiFi alive despite the settings to turn it off when the screen is off.
    Indeed.

    I have my WIFI set to "off when the screen is off" (standby).

    I disconnected my power cable this morning at 6am ET.

    It's now 7 hours later and the power has gone from 100% to 98% in that timeframe - including turning it on briefly 3 times for a total of 15 minutes).

  7. #7
    Starscream
    Member #
    7336
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    354
    Liked
    18 times
    Asusfan001 -- is that just the tablet itself -- or do you also have the tablet attached to your keyboard? I feel the batteries drain faster with the keyboard attached.

  8. #8
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben2World View Post
    Asusfan001 -- is that just the tablet itself -- or do you also have the tablet attached to your keyboard? I feel the batteries drain faster with the keyboard attached.
    Tablet only on this morning's "test".

    I've done / reported upon other tests with the Keyboard Dock before.

  9. #9
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    UPDATE:

    Now after 12 hours of tablet-only standby today - along with about 15 minutes of use - still have 93% battery life left.

  10. #10
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    One last UPDATE (I gotta start using it again!):

    After 26 hours on standby (along with about 15 minutes of use)...my Transformer is still at an 84% power level.

    As in previous tests...going 3 days between charges would work fine...but I tend not to let it go more than 1 day. Running the battery down to 10% or less regularly is generally not good for this kind of Lithium battery (other threads on that topic).

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. More on Battery Drain
    By hawkeye62 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 03:33 AM
  2. Dock battery drain - just a thought
    By g8vkv in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM
  3. does the keyboard dock drain battery when not connected to tablet?
    By BxBorn31 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
  4. Battery drain after latest firmware update
    By vdpluijm in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM
  5. Battery Drain
    By TEM in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Search tags for this page

battery drain

,
do transformer drain batteries when power is off
,
eepad batt drain
,

facebook+login+home+page desktop

,

how often do you charge your transformer

,
how often should i charge my asus eee pad transformer
,
how often should i recharge my asus transformer
,

how often to charge asus transformer

,
normal unattached battery drain
,
skype battery drain
,
skype transformer battery drain
,
transformer batt
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.