Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Lots To Learn But At The Very Beginning.........................

I bought mine the other day and haven't really begun using it. Being a brand new member on this site, it is overwhelming at this point as to what threads are illustrated. Having said that, this is also my first tablet. I am asking for a little help/advise as to what to do right off the get go. Updates, registration (if required), a couple of programs that you would suggest as being important to have and maybe throw in a few things that I should not do, by error?

Thanks!

CU Wader

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new TF!!! First thing give it a full charge. Second you can go ahead and register it. Third explore and have fun. Then when you are curious or lost come back and ask questions. Always plenty of people here to help. Be sure to check out the Help and FAQ sections for tips and tricks. And also the Apps section for a ton of app suggestions and list of Honeycomb optimized apps.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

Do you have any regrets with your TF? I have 13 days left to decide if I want to keep this or buy another make.

Does anyone here regret owning the ASUS?

J.D
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new TF!!! First thing give it a full charge.
    Doesn't the TF require 3 cycles of Full Charge and Draining to reach it's maximum battery capacity?
    That's what the manual says at least...
    Asus Ee Pad Transformer 16GB + Keyboard Docking Station
    Mac Mini 4GB RAM (Late 2009) + BenQ 22" WideScreen Display
    Samsung Galaxy S II

xBox 360 S 250Gb...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    Hi CUWader-
    welcome to the forum and congratulations on your TF. I returned a xoom for my TF. No regrets here. I was very close to getting an ipad2, but android won over iOS, and so did the price! The TF can do so many things well. No regrets. I bought a dock too, but I don't think it's really necessary. Just nice to have! Enjoy your tablet
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

J.D
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CUWader View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

Do you have any regrets with your TF? I have 13 days left to decide if I want to keep this or buy another make.

Does anyone here regret owning the ASUS?
    No regrets. Just remember the full charge cycle and don't mess anything up and it will run like a dream

There's loads of stuff you can do with the TF, just explore the Android Market and forums like this to find cool and interesting stuff your TF can do.
    Samsung Galaxy S II

xBox 360 S 250Gb...

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Good stuff! Couple quick questions regarding the removal a video which somehow transported it's self from my laptop and uninstalling an app. How is this done?

One more. Which anti-virus program would you suggest I get?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Most users are quite happy with the tablet.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a tablet. There are pretty much 2 tablets out there: Apple and Android (yes, there are many variations on the Android, but the capabilities are extremely similar)

If you want a tablet that everything works perfectly, smooth, polished and perfect with very few customizations available, then you want an iPad. Keep in mind, you will need to use a USB cable to transfer any media to and from it, no expansion, and you can only play one type of video files. Not to mention the stock browser on the iPad does not allow you to change it to appear as a desktop browser.

If your first task with an iPad is to jailbreak it to get more capabilities, then you should grab an Android tablet. Network file transfers, torrent clients, avi, mkv video playback, custom home screens, widgets, etc. As far as the android tabs, The TF is a great tablet and what sets it apart from the others is the option to use the Keyboard Dock. If you have no desire to ever get the keyboard dock, then it may not be the perfect tab for you, but then again it might.

It is a great tablet, but it is not as perfect and polished as the iPad, but I would never buy an iPad for myself (my wife has one and she LOVES it). If I won an iPad, I would sell it and buy a TF.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Thanks Fred. Do you have any comments to my two questions (right above you)? Anti-virus and video removal.

J.D
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can remove the video from the Gallery or the File Manager.
    Instructions for Gallery:
    1. Go to "Gallery" and locate the video you wish to remove.
    2. Once you're in the folder where the video is, long-press (tap and hold) on the thumbnail of the video for a while. (about a second...)
    3. A little bar should appear on the top of the screen. Tap the trash bin icon and "Confirm Delete" to delete the video.

I suggest doing it via Gallery, since it is easier that way.

About the antivirus... Well, I haven't looked at these a lot, but I use an app called "Antivirus". I suppose someone else could provide a better answer, but at least for me this app hasn't changed the way my TF feels.
    Some antivirus apps might take too much resources, which leads to your TF being buggy all the time. All I can say is: Read the user reviews before you download, they tell alot.

Uninstalling an app:
    1. Go to the "Settings" menu. (Apps -> Settings.)
    2. Choose "Applications" from the left-hand side navigation.
    3. Choose "Manage Applications"
    4. Tap the app you want to uninstall and tap "Uninstall" and then "OK".
    Last edited by J.D; 08-14-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo
    Samsung Galaxy S II

xBox 360 S 250Gb...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links