Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    @lachie; well, the moment the home screen with the icons restarts all the time, you click the 'window-icon' (task bar with the 'active programs' = 3rd from the left on left hand bottom corner) and you select one of the active programs. The moment you activate this program, e.g. the (stock) or other browser to surf the web, and you continue your surfing, changing back to the home screen afterwards, often stops my 'rebooting home screen' to a steady home screen…

You can RMA your Transformer for that problem but I guess it's then better all together to switch it for an iPad as Honeycomb 3.2 (and 3.1) are still very very buggy!
    I bought my Transformer with the expection(s) of buying 'a pad' behaving sort of like Win95 or Win98….. I'm just hoping (!!) Google will be able to make Honeycomb a stable OS alright…. And with the 'patent war' going on, I sometimes worry it will ever come to a 'stable Honeycomb'….
    ;-)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lachie View Post
    Well im not really sure what to do. Can you give me any suggestions on what to do based on what has helped other people?
    lachie,

I also have a Transformer and had exactly the same issue. I have had 2 and both experienced the same rebooting loop problem (the first also had a problem with the dock not charging). I experienced the same issue with both Android 3.1 and 3.2. Given the number of people reporting this issue in various forums I suspect it is software related rather than hardware.

Originally I did not have any security set up on the device. However since I added a security pattern to unlock the device I have not had a single issue with the device rebooting. I would be interested to know if this fixes the issue for other people too.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    In my experience with android, the OS is such a power-hungry beast that you have to constantly monitor your running apps with some kind of task manager. As a rule, more widgets + more running apps = lag, crashes.

Its also advisable to do a factory reset after update.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My device has this reboot issue too. It generates some log files at /sdcard/, named ramdump2011-xxx.log. There I can see that the reboot is caused by a kernel panic (the Linux kernel crashes), and it is related to the suspend/resume process. There are two cases: on the first one, the kernel crashes and the device reboots. The second one, it enters a infinite loop until the battery is gone. In this case, it does not generate the log file at /sdcard. I would like to know if the other people having this issue do see the logs at /sdcard too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same problem here

Hi, i have the same problem here: a bunch of log files related to random reboot during sleep mode. I'm with the latest ASUS stock firmware 8.6.5.19 no root no mod.
    How can i fix it?

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I have the same problem here and have narrowed it down to software becuse when I do a factory reset (erase all data on tablet) the problem goes away. I find the root of the problem is with the WIFI and if dissabled it doesn't enter this cycle. It is not as issue with internet because when I connect to internet through my phone via bluetooth, it's ok. I'm not sure if this is the same problems as your all experiencing but thought I'd add my comments. I'm an electronics design engineer by trade and design embedded systems (nothing as complex as the asus though) so have a little background knowledge and think it has something to do with monitoring or memory conflicts causing an instant power-off command in the processor. After a factory reset and installing programs I can use it for a week or so without any issue, then randomly it will start on this cycle. Wierd!!! I'll continue my investigations and report back if I find anything else..

MODEL : TF101
    SN: B80KAS2......
    Android Version : 3.2.1
    GPS : V5.5.8
    Wi-Fi : V5.2.65
    Bluetooth : V6.24
    Kernel :2.6.36.3

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    8 times
    I had this problem as well. It did finally stop rebooting after, maybe, an hour.

There's a thread on this that I started if you search for my posts.

Long story short I returned it. Kudos to Amazon who shipped me a new one immediately and gave me 30 days AFTER receipt to return the bad one.

Amazon can be fantastic.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

A quick update to let you know that setting a static ip address stopped my tablet from restarting. I think someone else reported the same behaviour so it may be worth your while trying this before going any further.

Cheers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Good evening. I have been having the same problem and based on what I read below, I turned off my wi-fi and that seems to have stopped the rebooting, or the locking up and having to hold the power switch for up to 10 seconds to force a reboot. Try it and, please, share your results.

Best Regards

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    23 times
    Has anybody found any more information on this issue? I have updated to stock ICS and this happens all the time. It normally happens when unused for long periods of time. I will come back to it and find it has to boot because it has been shut down on its own. I have an older B60 Transformer. I am trying a static IP now as stated above to see if that actually works. Asus seriously needs to fix this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads