Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Screen Selection View

Found out something be mistake today, and didn't see it documented anywhere (if it is, I'd love to know if there are other gestures available).

I found that if you swipe with two fingers (one placed slightly to the right and above the other - I've been using the middle and index finger on my right hand) from the top of the screen about 1" from the left hand side, on any screen, that is will take you to a screen selection view where you will see all of your menu screens (thumbnails) on one page and can choose among them to move quickly to a different menu page.

I hope I'm describing this so that it make sense.

Another way of describing it is that I have my TF configured with 7 screens. I can flip through the screens to move through the one by one, or press the home key to move to the fourth screen (the middle screen of the seven). This swiping gesture goes from whatever screen you are on to a single screen showing images of all seven screens. It allows me to move quickly from the 1st screen to the 7th screen with one swipe and one screen press as opposed to pressing the home key and then three right to left swipes.

I especially find it handy because I have too many devices and can't always remember what I put where, and the visual thumbnails of the screens are legible enough that I can pick the correct screen correctly.

I'll warn you in advance that I have to practice for a few minutes to get the swiping motion correct, so be patient if you're going to try this.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Are you running ADXLauncher EX?

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    LauncherPro. Thanks for pointing that out. I just flipped back to Asus Launcher (I love Home Switcher), and can't duplicate it on stock.

I've been running LauncherPro for so long, I forgot that I wan't running stock.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I tried it with Launcher pro and it does do that. I know that with ADW you can configure custom swipe actions (I had swipe down to pull up the app drawer) which I do right now with a swipe action on the top LP dock icon.

I knew you didnt have stock because you had 7 screens.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links