Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen rotation problem

Hi All

I am having a hard time with my EEE Pad. Screen rotation suddenly stop working.
    I have the settings to auto-rotate on, also tried hard reboot and common shut down, but still getting the same, seems like the G sensor is not picking up.

Any Ideas? I had this same problem before and it solved by simply holding the power button untill shut down, at restart it was working again.
    Now it did not work.

I even tried datawipe with no results.

Clues?

Thanks
    Oscar

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum.

I think you have exhausted all of the options that I would have asked about. It may be time to try to RMA it to the retailer or ASUS to get it fixed/replaced.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can I discard this being android 3.2 problem? just to be sure it is not related to the OS

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have not heard of any other users with screen rotation issues with 3.2 (or any other versions) unless the rotation lock was on.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

obs
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Sorry, to hear about that! I suggest you RMA it. From what I heard, ASUS's customer service is top notch.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All

First let me thank all of you for your replies. Not sure if what I am about to say is Good or Bad news...

My rotation came back to WORK! now this is the second time this happens to me, and he first time like I said it got solved after some reboots. This time it did not work like that. So... this is what I can have in common for both times this problem happened.

The Dock was out of battery on both cases (After 5 hours of usage) and after plugging the dock wth the tabet and rebooting the rotation seems to be working.

I am wondering if this is related to the battery drain issue as well? my other thoughts are maybe some application in the market is causing this as some of them are not designed to tablets or honeycomb devices?
    Also, it can be the dock itself as when docked, the g sensor will work but the screen will not rotate. (Even I must say, I have the live background of water and it also moves even if docked..

Anyways I appreciate your help and would like to keep this thread open for further investigation, as it does not seem to be a Hardware issue... I do not believe it would get back to work on reset if it would....

Regards
    Oscar

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All

Same happened last night... this time just needed to tur off the device and start it again, and it was working fine again.
    I would like to know if someone else has experienced this screen orientation lock or is it me only?

Also, I am trully in doubt about it, so I am looking for expertice help here... do i need to think about Hardware or Software issues? My guess is this is software related since I cannot believe hardware would fail and start working again after a restart...

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am moving my posts to this thread as i posted in another while this one seems to be most up to date.

Ever since buying my epad the touch and rotate functions have been malfunctioning. Staying on topic rotate will stop working randomly at times it won`t be working from startup, Other times it will stop working while using it, in application, explorer, office or at the Desktop. Sometimes disabling and reenabling auto rotate in settings temporarily fixes The problem and sometimes not. In the cases where it does not work i have to reboot Anywhere from one to ten times before it works right, similar to the touch problem.

I have noticed that i can produce, or increase the chance or the problem if i turn the epad While it`s working such as launching a program, be it downloaded app or explorer, and Turning the app. When the program now finish loading, more than likely, the rotate Function will be broken.

Any fix for this issue? I would have traded in for an ipad if not for the fact that i`d Rather drink piss from an old mans arse than own another apple product.
    The quick workaround i have found when i need a rotate and its broken is to load a program that Forces the angle you need and then clicking the home button.

Say if its stuck in landscape angle ill load a comic viewer app wich forces A4 rotation and press home. If its stuck in A4 rotation ill load camera wich forces landscape rotation. When you return home The pad will remain in this rotation.

Still this is an annoying workaround to have to use but atleast the pad can be used now as opposed To have to spend 5 minutes trying to luck out on rebooting.
    Adding another one-click button on the menu bar for rotate would seem to be an easy fix for most of
    Us if fixing the sensor is problematic. We only need A and B angle anyway. Can this be done with an app
    If anyone made it?
    Last edited by zerg82; 08-12-2011 at 05:32 AM. Reason: adding unquoted

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have experienced the same problem with my device after rooting and flashing some roms. I have ruled out that it is a problem with any of the roms I flashed. I have not tried unrooting but I am thinking that it might be a sensor issue. Does anyone know if Asus customer service would be able to help me even though my warranty is void with a rooted device?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Have the same problem (Screen rotation not working,) TF worked fine on stack, i have rooted and installed 2 custom roms and same problem, if anyone has any ideas please let me know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links