Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The "I love my Transformer" thread!

Hi everyone,

I've noticed on many forums (not just here) there are a huge amount of negative posts about new products (like the TF101).
    It's often the case that we hear from the vocal minority, because those of us who are happy with our new devices are too busy enjoying ourselves to post about it! Before I pulled the trigger on this purchase, I saw a heap of negative posts, and only seldom saw a positive account of real-world use.

So I thought it would be cool if everyone who is happy with their Transformers posted a little something about how/where they use them.

I'll start by saying I have had my TF101 for 4 days now, and I'm beginning to question how I lived without it! The instant on capability is incredibly useful when you need to look something up, the battery lasts for ages (for now), and I'm super happy with the build quality of the tablet. I have no screen bleed, no gaps around the bezel, no uneven sound volume. The screen even performed surprisingly well outdoors in near direct sunlight.

I used the keyboard dock for the first time at Uni today, taking notes was a breeze with Note Everything (I prefer the offline capabilities compared to Evernote free edition), I watched a HD video on the train home, and still have 70% power on the tablet, and 50% on the dock!

The only problem I've had was connecting to the VPN at uni, but I think that's more of a problem with the idiot entering the settings than the machine itself! :-D

I'm looking forward to hearing from other happy TF owners!

Cheers,
    Alex

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I have to agree that you will always nearly hear more negative things about a product rather than good. Most of us are too busy enjoying it to post how much we are enjoying it.

I haven't got a keyboard dock yet but I will be getting it in the next week, that will just top the experience as far as I'm concerned!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I've had mine for a few weeks now and I love it. I have plenty of useful apps, both for work and for play. It has definitely filled in the "3rd" electronic position in my life...smart phone, laptop computer, and now my tf.

I use it at work to check employee data on the field and retrieve and read email. I also use it to go online and check OSHA standards and research various construction techniques and tools.

At home, I enjoy watching Netflix (especially seeing that Netflix hasn't bothered to get us a legitimate app running yet), browsing the net, reading, some games such as Stupid Zombies (my daughter loves that game, lol). I also enjoy tinkering with the OS and launcher layout. I've rooted my tf, managed to delete all data (accidentally), I've used NVFlash a couple times and am now running Prime 1.7 with HC 3.2.

A great app I've found for my tf is "Ultimate Guitar." With it, I can search and download tabs, store a library of my favorite tabs, and take them with me where ever I go and enjoy them as I try to play them on my guitar. Ultimate Guitar has...well, I don't really know how many tabs they have, but it's a buttload... Carrying my tf around with tabs is so much easier than carrying around a big binder full of paper copies.

My kids also like some of the "show" apps I've downloaded, such as "Animal Planet", "Smithsonian," "HSW," and "TV.com."

Another nifty app is iTriage. Having four kids around, there's always someone complaining of some dastardly, life threatening plague around my home...with iTriage, we can at least get an idea of what foul disease has besieged us.

I absolutely love, I repeat, LOVE not having to connect my tf to the computer and use iTunes to try to move files around. I just get the file ready on my laptop, move it to either mycloud, or dropbox, then download it ota on my tf.

I've seen some of my friends with their ipads, and truthfully, I can't see any real world use for those devices...With my tf, I not only have a really cool toy, I also have a useful tool that pays for itself on the jobsite.

I LOVE MY TRANSFORMER!!!
    Last edited by Molochai; 08-08-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Forgot one of the coolest uses...
    Alright you primitive screw heads, listen up. See this? This... is my BOOM STICK!

HTC Inspire 4G - Stock
    Asus Transformer - Rooted - Prime 1.8.4

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had mine for 2 weeks and love it. By far the fact it is instantly on and connected is my favourite feature.
    Also the battery lifeis awsome. Kids love it for the games. I dont use laptop much anymore.
    The transformer does most of what i used laptop for.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine's become very useful... I've started carrying it around everywhere and browsing with it over lunch etc. It's a fantastic little device & I don't regret buying it for a minute. I just need a case (didn't anticipate carrying it around so much! I never did with the ipad..).

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    Love the e-reader function. Lite enough to grab and go-not out of touch when away from your main computer. Great multi function device.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Glad to see this thread! I have had my TF for a month and a half and love it. Even though I supposedly have a battery issue with my dock I have never had a serious issue with it.
    Asus TF 101 32 GB
    Asus GX72GX
    Asus X58 Sabertooth MB

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and still can't put it down, my wife is getting mad at me...I too am using my laptop less and less and find I grab the Transformer to do most of my daily computing, I even use it at work when is meeting, I have it configured for my corporate exchange account. I copied a bunch of music and a few movies over not to mention installed a few games, this tablet has done everything I have asked of it with next to no problems. Once Netflix is available that will be the icing on the cake. I love my Transformer!!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    For the 10 weeks I have owned it, I've only got to use it for about 2 weeks myself. It became like a growth in my left hand because I couldn't put it down. Then my wife took it on her 6 week trip to her homeland and loved it too. I RMA'd it to get the dock battery issue fixed. (shhhh...and also a little monsoon incident) The Transformer/Dock will be back Wednesday. Sniff sniff....I miss it so much!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I love my Transformer! It's perfect! No major issues! Even the update to 3.2 went pretty smoothly.

I love being able to get stuff done while not losing touch with my family. Until now, without a laptop, I've had to spend a lot of time at my desktop in my office space. The TF has almost replaced it entirely. I almost never turn it on anymore.

I love that I can check my favorite sites and play all my favorite games anywhere

I seriously love the Noom app that helps me track my eating habits and has gotten me exercising again. I can then set the tablet up anywhere and run workout vids or just play music to step to.

I've even started using it to help with my artwork. I can upload reference pictures and flip through them for inspiration while lounging with my drawing pad.

I sound like such a lame commercial, but this thing really has "transformed" my whole life! XD I'm pretty happy about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links