Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Asus TF firmware update COMING NEXT WEEK???

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

New Asus TF firmware update COMING NEXT WEEK???

Alright fellow Asus TF users, lastnight I had to make a quick call to Asus Tech Support for a number of issues.
    As I have posted yesterday, I was having trouble getting any notification sound for when let's I say receive new in coming emails or after finishing installing a program or after downloading a single file, also because of these problems I've also discovered that my TF is unable to do a manual wipe reset (meaning resetting TF by using the power button and the volume rocker)...though doing a hard reset to reboot the TF still works.....And no my TF was never rootedso thre isn't any why its
    Just an fyi, I've done it number of times previously with no trouble until lastnight which make me wonder if this is one of those functions that got affected by the great new 3.2 version that we've all been waiting for......that turned out to be somewhat more of a dissapointment for some of us.
    Anyways, I was told by the tect support guy that I was talking to lastnight that if I could hang on for a week as Asus will be releasing a new FIRMWARE UPDATE sometime next week to fix some of the issues most users currently having.
    Now I don't know if the guy is just giving me a runaround the block just to get rid of me or what but somehow I tend to believe since he offerred me an optio that if I do not want to wait, then he can just give me an RMA number to send my TF back (again? Heck NOOOOOO, just got it back couple weeks ago from being apart from it for 3 weeks the last time it was RMA'd).
    Garemlin and MmavisO like this.

Gir
    Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I bet the update will dim our screens so we don't complain about the screen bleeds as much.

Well hopefully they have a plan.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    It is possible. My Acer A500 got the 3.1 update a few weeks ago which was followed by a smaller bug fix update the next week.

I would bet one fix is the ability to get into stock recovery again which hasn't been possible since the 3.2 update.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    lol. Speaking of bleeding, i actually have 2x more bleeding now than compare to what i had and finding out more and more issues with new updates before my first rma.....isn't asus a big winner when it comes to quatily control or what?....very dissapointed here but I'm stuck now til my next purchase....which you can bet that it won't be at least not this brand name...been burned one too many times.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    This is great and totally makes sense as Asus rushed 3.2 and it is obvious. I know we want it fast and I'm guilty but hopefully they will post something official on their FB blog or something so we can truely pass out some encouragement to the good people here in need of some answers.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    This is great and totally makes sense as Asus rushed 3.2 and it is obvious. I know we want it fast and I'm guilty but hopefully they will post something official on their FB blog or something so we can truely pass out some encouragement to the good people here in need of some answers.

Exactly the reason I stated earlier that I hoped it was ready for prime time and not a rush job. I think alot of it was keeping up with the Joneses. Or in this case the Xoom.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Exactly the reason I stated earlier that I hoped it was ready for prime time and not a rush job. I think alot of it was keeping up with the Joneses. Or in this case the Xoom.
    Yes sir. We'll just keep our eyes peeled for some official word. Then this really good news becomes really GREAT!

Come on 3.2.1
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mickey...please make that 3.9.9 instead....ooops. never mind that.....just remembered that we cannot rush those fix to get it right....right?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asuseee66 View Post
    Mickey...please make that 3.9.9 instead....ooops. never mind that.....just remembered that we cannot rush those fix to get it right....right?
    If we got 3.9.9 next week, that would be some news! Bam!
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Must... have ... Netflix...

Seriously, maybe the TF Holy Grail will be in this patch. The release notes for 3.2 specifically mentioned Netflix, and I was more than a little disappointed when it wasn't there.

We can only hope...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links