Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

3.2 update causes freeze

Hi all
    Just trying to updat my eee pad to android 3.2 this morning, but when it started installing, the pad stuck in half way with the android bot and a triangle on screen. I forced it to close and restarted it, but now it stuck to the loading up splash screen ( eee pad asus powered by nvidia tegra) forever. Any one has the same problem? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddd help........................

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louagn18o3 View Post
    Hi all
    Just trying to updat my eee pad to android 3.2 this morning, but when it started installing, the pad stuck in half way with the android bot and a triangle on screen. I forced it to close and restarted it, but now it stuck to the loading up splash screen ( eee pad asus powered by nvidia tegra) forever. Any one has the same problem? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddd help........................
    Try a hard reset and see if this gets you back to your normal start scree. If so go to Setting and verify if you are on 3.1 or 3.2

Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Try a hard reset and see if this gets you back to your normal start scree. If so go to Setting and verify if you are on 3.1 or 3.2

Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Called tech support. Asked me to do the same thing, wiped my data, and now it still stuck at the loading up screen. I am sending it back to service now.

btw, i was on 3.1 and was trying to update to 3.2 today.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louagn18o3 View Post
    Called tech support. Asked me to do the same thing, wiped my data, and now it still stuck at the loading up screen. I am sending it back to service now.

btw, i was on 3.1 and was trying to update to 3.2 today.
    If you pressed the down volume during the process (along with the power button) for about 10 seconds...your data should not have been wiped. Sorry to hear you lost your data.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links