Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    6546
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    3.2 update causes freeze

    Hi all
    Just trying to updat my eee pad to android 3.2 this morning, but when it started installing, the pad stuck in half way with the android bot and a triangle on screen. I forced it to close and restarted it, but now it stuck to the loading up splash screen ( eee pad asus powered by nvidia tegra) forever. Any one has the same problem? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddd help........................

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louagn18o3 View Post
    Hi all
    Just trying to updat my eee pad to android 3.2 this morning, but when it started installing, the pad stuck in half way with the android bot and a triangle on screen. I forced it to close and restarted it, but now it stuck to the loading up splash screen ( eee pad asus powered by nvidia tegra) forever. Any one has the same problem? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddd help........................
    Try a hard reset and see if this gets you back to your normal start scree. If so go to Setting and verify if you are on 3.1 or 3.2


    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    6546
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Try a hard reset and see if this gets you back to your normal start scree. If so go to Setting and verify if you are on 3.1 or 3.2


    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the "Down" volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Called tech support. Asked me to do the same thing, wiped my data, and now it still stuck at the loading up screen. I am sending it back to service now.

    btw, i was on 3.1 and was trying to update to 3.2 today.

  4. #4
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    4,360
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louagn18o3 View Post
    Called tech support. Asked me to do the same thing, wiped my data, and now it still stuck at the loading up screen. I am sending it back to service now.

    btw, i was on 3.1 and was trying to update to 3.2 today.
    If you pressed the down volume during the process (along with the power button) for about 10 seconds...your data should not have been wiped. Sorry to hear you lost your data.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Screen freeze
    By Hayes in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
  2. 3.1 os update from Asus push and memory for manual update
    By solo in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 04:55 AM

Search tags for this page

asus eee splash screen frozen
,
asus freezes on asus screen
,
asus freezes on boot
,
asus hung in startup
,
asus screen freeze
,

asus transformer 3.2 update stuck

,

asus transformer freeze

,

asus transformer freezes on splash screen

,
asus transformer freezing during applications
,

asus transformer hangs

,

asus transformer hung

,

asus transformer update hangs

,

eee pad transformer hang

,
freeze android splash
,

transformer frozen on startup screen

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 PM.