Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

web cam software?

I have a web cam that acts like a borescope, only 7mm and 3 feet long for poking around in tight spaces like inside of a car engine. It works with Windows XP by opening the explorer to view directly or using web cam software to take snaps or record video. It also works with Window 7.

I wanted to use my Android as it's much smaller and lighter, making it easier to move around and probe dark corners and nooks. But I can't find the right software to use it and Transformer's camera software only works with built in cams.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    OK,
    Some possible solutions. If its a USB camera, then Google USB camera on android and there are a dozen YouTube videos depicting this setup with a USB to micro or mini USB adapter.

If its a WiFi based device, then Net Eye Camera can be configured to see just about every camera made.

Another option if USB and you can't connect, then attach the camera to a Raspberry Pi type device to convert the USB camera to a WiFi device, then view as in above.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
    OK,
    Some possible solutions. If its a USB camera, then Google USB camera on android and there are a dozen YouTube videos depicting this setup with a USB to micro or mini USB adapter.

If its a WiFi based device, then Net Eye Camera can be configured to see just about every camera made.

Another option if USB and you can't connect, then attach the camera to a Raspberry Pi type device to convert the USB camera to a WiFi device, then view as in above.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.
    THANK YOU!!! Worked great!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links