Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I love my TF. But....

I've experienced many strange issues.
    I've had it for about a week. I live it cool temperatures. I've updated the firmware with the available OTA and I have done no rooting or any hackish stuff.
    Here's the list.
    Sometimes:
    1.My market gets hung up after I hit install and it will occasionally install the app like 30 mins later. Some apps go right away, others take awhile.
    2.My volume gets stuck on max setting even if it's on the lowest tick. This is fixed with a reboot. (I posted this elsewhere on this forums).
    3. My homescreens become extremely laggy and the tablet is just bogged down. It seems to be fixed when I change wallpapers. No live wallpapers either. It literally just gets laggy at random.
    4. I get random forced closed quite often. Sometimes its the launcher too.

It's not my wifi connection cause it's always at max.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Welcome to Honeycomb 3.0.1 I've had everything but the volumn issue and i hope 3.1 helps. I have reduced the widgets and that has helped.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    If you go in settings, what version of the firmware are you running? 8.2.3.9?

Re: 1 - I've noticed this also but if I go back and then click again on install it will install immediately.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jojobou View Post
    If you go in settings, what version of the firmware are you running? 8.2.3.9?

Re: 1 - I've noticed this also but if I go back and then click again on install it will install immediately.
    Yes but this seems to be happening more and more frequently. I also hope some of the issues we are struggling with are just apps that aren't designed for Honeycomb but are close enough to work. So maybe in the next 2-3 months we may start seeing a lot smoother operation on a day to day basis. One can hope anyway...
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    the app market for the tablet is not designed very intuitively.
    You are correct and I noticed it does expedite the process if I go to my apps and scroll ALLLLLL the way down and click on the ones that are not installed and hit install.... again... it's almost like I have to tell it to install twice.
    It's strange, sometimes I can't tell if it's installing cause that bottom says it is, but the screen says it's not. It's overall one of the clunkiest parts of the whole device.

Don't get me wrong, loving my TF to death. Can't put it down. I'm not happy with the app market at all though. Not only is it a barren wasteland of good games and apps. The ones worth a damn are all paid. I think the only app I'm down for paying for on the tablet is the thumb keyboard. I'm using the beta atm and it's superb. When the beta runs out the $1.88 will be a good investment.

But back to what I was saying:
    I'm not very content with honycombs consistency. Things just crash... it randomly gets bogged down. The screen rotation is just so far behind what the Ipad can do with weaker processor it's just scary. I understand the "widget" argument but even when I take all my widgets off it's barely satisfactory in my perspective on it's rotations in any screen (home, menu, webpages).

To sum up I feel like honeycomb is a good OS but damn does it feel a lot more like a beta then a finished product. It's just really behind the curve on consistency and feels like it's trying to do more than it's capable of.

I understand this post is filled with blasphemies but realize I'm an avid Google fan and they will get my dollars over any apple product any day. My Droid x and Asus Transformer speak for me on that behalf.
    /end rant.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Honeycomb is a beta. That pretty much sums it up. We are the beta testers and hopefully there will be several quick and wonderful upgrades such as 3.1 and the soon to be 4 coming out in the fall so we just hang in there for a few months and rock on.
    Current Devices:

Spamcepticon
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    19 times
    3.1 is a big improvement and fixes many of the minor bugs. Sit tight and your quirks should be fixed.

Super Decepticon
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    3.1 is a big improvement and fixes many of the minor bugs. Sit tight and your quirks should be fixed.
    Yup, 3.1 fixed almost all of my issues on the Xoom

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    20 times
    The problem with being the first to have a new device / new platform Hang in there!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links