Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Another problem after 3.2 upgrade

Now I cannot open email picture attachments from the email widget on the main desktop. It will Load but it will not let me see it from the "View" button - ugh. I can do "Save" but where did it go???

Thanks.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    When you save it, it should go to your Downloads folder. /mnt/sdcard/Downloads

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dkllei View Post
    Now I cannot open email picture attachments from the email widget on the main desktop. It will Load but it will not let me see it from the "View" button - ugh. I can do "Save" but where did it go???

Thanks.
    There appears to be an issue with opening attachments and files after a fresh boot. I ran into something very similar with Hyperlinks in emails. I checked with both Gmail and the Email client and trying to click on a Hyperlink just grays the screen a bit. I decided to check with the Dock attached. When I placed the circular cursor over the Hyperlink it works exactly as it should, opening a browser and taking you to the linked page.

I had posted on the XDA forums about this issue and vlasac responded with the workaround to rotate the transformer 90 degrees from landscape to portrait. That allowed the pop up to appear asking you to choose a browser. The 90 degree rotation must force some type of refresh. You might try that and see if it works in your situation. After the first time all seems well until a restart. Then you need to try the dock or rotation work around again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sure hope the fix this soon.... cant believe this was not caught in testing before release...

Quote Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post
    There appears to be an issue with opening attachments and files after a fresh boot. I ran into something very similar with Hyperlinks in emails. I checked with both Gmail and the Email client and trying to click on a Hyperlink just grays the screen a bit. I decided to check with the Dock attached. When I placed the circular cursor over the Hyperlink it works exactly as it should, opening a browser and taking you to the linked page.

I had posted on the XDA forums about this issue and vlasac responded with the workaround to rotate the transformer 90 degrees from landscape to portrait. That allowed the pop up to appear asking you to choose a browser. The 90 degree rotation must force some type of refresh. You might try that and see if it works in your situation. After the first time all seems well until a restart. Then you need to try the dock or rotation work around again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you have no dock for the PAD, this issue also occurs with opening normal files that have an option to be opened with multiple installed programs.
    Screen grays out, then flip the screen to the site, the option should appear and you would be able to open the file/link with the desired program.

This needs to be done after every power on of the pad, as if powered off it resets and the issue re-occurs. ( If we are talking about the same problem. )

- As explained in previous post.

Best regards,
    Volz

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same issue

In the last two updates to Honeycomb I have not been able to download photos from gmail and save them, either. It's so strange. They are nowhere to be found in the downloads folder, or sometimes there is a blank file in the downloads folder with the accurate date and time but no data/photo.

From gmail I click "save" and nothing happens, no dimmed screen, nothing. The save button disappears, that's all. The dimmed screen issue I think is different, that happened to me initially after 3.2 was installed, but has been corrected on its own. Downloading pictures from gmail has been a problem for me for a while.

Any tips??

Thank you!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jsodmd; 08-02-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links