Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By scuzzo

Thread: Ok, after having this TF101 for around a year.. less here is where im at..

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times

Ok, after having this TF101 for around a year.. less here is where im at..

i got it as a refurb, and went straight to from HC to ICS.. and i really thought that was great.. nice zippy... so.. cool.. got it all integrated into the Home Theater.. and Port 1- Google TV with GTV remotes and PLEX remotes (really nice app for GTV) apps.. and the youtube app which flings to the HDTV... that cool too... and every thing worked fine... and has been working fine... then i started getting tired of GTV so i went with a plain android set top box.. (minix neo X5) Port 2 .. now with this you can pretty much have a 2core tablet on the HDTV.. and it runs XBMC, and PLEX, and any other android app.. no GTV restrictions... so... inorder to control the neo x5 and have full access... i needed to root the tablet and the neo x5... done.. and its pretty amazing... with droidmote you have pretty much full control of the x5 with use of a rooted tf101 JB... so yes.. there is a lot of duplication between the gtv and the x5 but the x5 has the same undergorund hacker spirit of the tf1101... rooted and rommable... now the last obstacle,, getting this silly timeout error on the xbmc remote app solved.. the integration works pretty well.. its a little bodged when you try to get all the this control for that app and this one will only work with this.... but thats android.. no real universal standard... i would be nice to have a single app to control the neo x5 and all the tablet apps and all the operations of xbmc and plex and media players.. but thats too much an ask.. its a bit of a nightmare at first but its also pretty fun to see where all this stuff is going... i dunno... but the tf101 is doing all this with no problems.... and even runs all those XBMC, PLEX, and any other high horse power apps with not so much a whimper.... nope.. i may hang out with the tf101 untill the nex gen of tablets come about.... not moving on yet...
    eejit and Mimo like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Good to hear.

I still have my 101 and a Nexus 7.

I tend to use the 101 the most.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times

...not enuff happiness posted-- understandable at a support forum --so thanks for sharing yours scuzzo.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links