Thread: Have most people moved on?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times

Smile Have most people moved on?

This site has been quite the encyclopedia for me, and most TF101 owners I'm sure, but I have noticed that I no longer need to visit as often as I used to. Partly because my machine runs flawlessly now (remember the old days of random reboots and freezing??!!) but mostly because of how helpful everyone here has been. Coming back to see what's going on now, I've noticed a drop in the number of new threads which I guess was bound to happen given that the TF101 is almost two years old.

So, I'm wondering - have most TF101 owners moved onto to something else and if so, what is that something else? Also, if you wanted to buy another tablet, what would you buy now? I'm sure a lot has changed since I bought this one a year ago so I'm curious to hear your thoughts as I look to adding another tablet to the family. Oh, my wife has an iPad already.

Mods - please feel free to move this where you see fit as it really has nothing to do with a TF issue.

Thanks!!
    MikeM, TerryTheTerror and JPOCP like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1636 times
    You have hit the nail on the head. I know dozens of TF owners, (only 3 with TF101s), but none have ever had a need to get on the forum, (part of that is they know they can call me) but people come here because they have a question or a problem. Once solved most leave but they may still own their tablet. I only know 2 people who upgraded from the 101, but both went with the TF700. (I personally went from the 101 to the 201), Technology moves very quickly any more and a tablet that's 3 years old is very nearly museum material for some people if it no longer gets the job done. For others the TF101 still does a fine job.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    718 times
    In our household we added a TF700 Infinity but also kept the good ol' trusty TF101. And yes, who can forget the days when the TF101 got ICS and the growing pains it took before it finally started running smoothly again. Our TF101 runs the best its ever ran. There have been no freezes or reboots in months now. I'm not sure if I would ever want to see Jelly Bean on the TF101. I'd hate to mess with success since ICS has been so stabilized for a long period of time.

You are right about this great forum! What a help this forum and its members were to get us TF101 owners through that ICS fiasco. All the workarounds and ingenuity that the members came up with, while Asus was trying to get their act together with updates that would finally fix ICS to operate properly on our tablets.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2813 times
    Many users have moved on pas the TF101. I still have mine and it is chewing up and spitting out jelly beans left and right with no issues. However, many users have moved on. The Development forum at XDA only has 2 active threads with development going on.

Many of our TF101 users have moved on to the Nexus 7 and can be found at our sister forum for the N7. Many have upgraded to newer TF's as well.

It is getting to be the end of the line for the TF101, I am not sure if it will see Key Lime Pie, but I know a few loyal devs that are gonna try!

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Bought a TF101 when they shipped, came straight here. Still have and use the TF101 daily, and visit daily (though post less frequently).

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1001 times
    Seems allot of TF 101's are still being sold. We get new members on a daily basis. Have mine since it was launchen and still runs great.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    At the time I bought my TF101, I had done a lot of shopping around. Being exclusively a 'windows guy' since Win 3.1, the move to android was something of a leap of faith for me. It was not until I found this forum that my mind was made up and it was the TF101 for me.

I would like to say that the moderators here helped me through the numerous trials and tribulations of owning my machine, but in truth they only helped me with one problem; the old 'won't connect to server' issue. Since then, my 101 has worked flawlessly, through updates and OS upgrades. But it was the selfless attitude of the moderators, the help they gave to those who needed it and the 'no question is too stupid' attitude that helped so many that convinced me that the TF 101 was the machine for me.

Now that the 101 is becoming as elderly as this user, it may be time to start thinking of a replacement for it. But you can rest assured that no matter where I end up, no matter which OS my new machine has ( and it won't be apple!!) this site has set the benchmark for help and general community.

And those are some pretty big boots to fill.

To para-phrase Sir Winston Churchill; "Never has so much, been owed by so many, to so few."

With thanks and appreciation for all that you have done for us and the mighty TF101.

George
    a CANADIAN
    MikeM, mrumm49, janner43 and 3 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    834 times
    I've had my 101 for almost two years now, and it's still a solid performer, it does what I need it for! My only complaint is that browsing is not as fast and user friendly as it is on my PC. I keep my eye on user comments and reviews about the Windows 8 tabs, as well as Android, and will probably go with one of those OS's when the need arises.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    897 times
    Still loving the TF101 here.

I use it more than ever, and enjoy it constantly.

There's more to do with it than anytime to date - and I even have some proprietary apps that work perfectly on it.

Not one reason to move on now - solid as a rock.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA WIN 8.1 & ASUS TF101 ANDROID TABLETS

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times
    @63MM
    Nice post - good question

If you still want a dock, then look at the tf700 - if not, then there are the other Asus Transformers running RT. other than that - there is the Nexus 10 & possible the Samsung Tab 3 (imminent)

And yes, I do remember the random reboot roundabout

@TRUENORTH
    George, it has been great reading your occasional posts - and your Avatar has always been one of my favourites. I appreciate your sentiments and whatever you move onto, you (&63mm) will be welcome members here.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads