Thread: Have most people moved on?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1541 times
    The bottom line for some of us is that we always need newer toys.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    194 times
    I use mine daily and untill the smoke gets let out of one of it's chips no reason to move on!
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    Tab 32 GB + Dock was mine now my wife's
    LG Optimus V
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Hi:

I got my TF101 in late July of 2011, still use it and will keep it to support a friend. I picked up a used prime for the super bright outdoor display and have a Nexus 7 for out and about access., a logical successor to my Palm TX. With Nexus Media Importer for the N7, all of my Android devices including my phone, Galaxy S3, have 64gb MicroSd cards and the same setup. There are a few apps here and there that will work on one device and not the other but only a few. All are running JB with the exception of the Tf101 and I'll get around to rooting it one of these days.

I got the Infinity when it came out but returned it due to MicroSd compatible issues at the time as well as finding apps that couldn't adapt to its hi-res screen.

I still learn a lot by visiting this forum and our sister forum for the N7. The helpful, friendly, non-judgmental atmosphere here is priceless. Really it's all the same device.

Thanks to all!

Tom
    32gb Transformer 101 & 201 with dock
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times
    Bought my beloved TF101 with keyboard back in July, 2011. Reading the problems that some people faced here, I count myself lucky -- my tablet has performed essentially flawlessly -- meaning maybe two or so minor hiccups that were easily fixed. I haven't seen any of the newer Asus tablets since... I am sure they are more powerful, faster, better displayed and all that -- but my TF101 does everything that I want it to whenever I am traveling. No plans to upgrade anytime soon.

As an aside, the last update was Android 4.0.3. Maybe time to root and get more recent updates??
    TF 101 - Build No. IML74K.US_epad-9.2.1.17-20120312

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Re: Have most people moved on?

I'm still using my tf101 and I'm happy with it!

Regards
    alexhidrobo likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    I'm also still using the TF101. As long as it gets the job done I see no reason to move on.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    7 times
    Our households two are still running fine. We use them daily. If and when they die we'll probably go with the Nexus 10. But right now they work fine and no reason to replace them.

Dan
    sculptedstylus likes this.
    TF101 32Gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    You Have got to be kidding me...
    moving on? seems like this thing is just brand new now..
    i took the rooted path.. followed freds How to root and rom thread.. rooted and then installed the EOS 4 and cat kernel and this think is all kinds of zippy, smoooth, fast refined.. every thing seems to work really well cept i guess battery takes a bit of a hit.. but that what the dock is for.. and i have yet to over clock or any of that.. but the difference between the stock ICS and EOS JB is quite nice and really bring this thing back to life.. its just nice to see on going development... i hate that such a nice tablet was End Of Life... there is so much more that this thing can do once modded... and its just nice to follow the progress.. makes the 101 interesting again... and runs XBMC like a champ now.... very solid.... so for all that a little battery hit.. is not much of an ask...

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    Those of you who who are heavily involved in technology industries will no doubt be aware of the 'bath tub curve' that describes the life cycle of many products - a high rate of issues and fixes at the beginning of the product life cycle, followed by a long period of stability and low fault numbers and, towards the end, a rising number of faults/problems as the hardware begins to fail from old age or use.

The TF101 is now in the middle period where it is a stable device with most of the early problems sorted out. This is the part of its life where it will be a productive device for most of us and when we see the return on our investment.

Like a number of others that have posted above me, I will be using my TF101 until it starts to suffer from hardware failures or some accident that renders it inoperable - at this stage I don't even have any plans to move beyond the last official Asus ICS version as there is nothing I have seen on JB (my wife has a Nexus 7) that inspires me towards that, and my TF101 is now so stable (2098 hours since last restart) that I'm reluctant to 'fix' something that is currently so unbroken with a custom ICS ROM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had my tf101 over a year now and have rooted unrooted flashed reflashed and basically done my damnedest to brick it ( without succeeding ) I'm now on Eos4 ROM 4.2.2 and it runs as well as ever, to be fair it ran well on stock Asus and Revolver to. All in all I'm pleased with my purchase and will use it till it dies.
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads