Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times

Exclamation Official Netflix support could be coming to the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

A Transformer spec page suggests that Netflix instant streaming is coming to the tablet when the device is updated to Android 3.2

Published on Jul 24, 2011

While Lenovo's upcoming Honeycomb tablets seemed to be getting all the Netflix love, it appears the Asus Eee Pad Transformer is also set to join the party. That's right friends, it looks like the 10.1-inch Asus Eee Pad Transformer is set to get official Netflix support along with Android 3.2 very soon.

First reported on by Android enthusiast site Droid-Life, the offical Asus Eee Pad Transformer spec page indicates the tablet will get Netflix when Android 3.2 hits. The good news is that the update has been flagged as coming “soon", so it shouldn't be to long at all.

Up until now, unless you were rooted and willing to flash a .zip file, you were simply out of luck. Disappointing, but it's nice to see something actually happening im some offical capacity.

Netflix claims that it is still working on expanding the number of devices even further, so hopefully we will hear of more specifics in the coming months. I'd like to see more Honeycomb tablets make that list if possible.

As an Android tablet owner, I am really hoping my Xoom gets some Netflix love next. I wouldn't even mind if it came preloaded via an update.

What do you say Netflix, pretty please?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is great news (although I rooted and flashed my device last week). Apparently lack of Netflix to date was/is not a lack of DRM capable hardware as many speculated.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links