Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Just got this bad boy, if y'all could answer a few questions I'd be grateful

Hello Everyone,

I'm super excited about this new device. I can't tell if my keyboard dock needs to be returned or not though. When I dock the device, that little latching switch doesn't move all the way to the right. It only moves like 25% of the way to the right, but it appears to be fully docked and all functionality works fine. It is supposed to move ALL the way to the right when you dock it? Should I try to return it for a different one? I would hate to start causing restocking fees for Office Depot if they are all like this.

Additionally, the remote PC app it tells you to download...where the heck is that? I've looked all over Asus's site and Googled the heck out of it but I can not find that MyDesktop app for Mac or PC. Any help?

Are keyboard shortcuts I should know about? I'm particularly craving something to switch screens left and right, like Ctrl + right arrow key, but that doesn't seem to work.

Other than that, I look forward to being a member of this forum! Thanks guys!

Android Resume:
    Sprint Hero
    Droid 1
    Droid Eris
    Droid X
    Droid 2 Global
    Verizon Xoom

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Welcome to the forum. As for the docking of the keyboard it takes a little getting used to. Just try to line it p and push it down FIRMLY until the switch slides over to the right. I have to push mine rather hard.

The remote PC app. Do you have a Mac or a Windows machine?
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Both.

Mac desktop and windows PC that travels if it matters.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by exp View Post
    Both.

Mac desktop and windows PC that travels if it matters.
    I believe you want to get Splashtop. It is in the Market and you can download it to the Mac and PC. But please read about it because it may not be free think it costs $4.99 but I may be wrong.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, I found its easiest to tell if it's in all the way when the laptop is closed. I pushed it in a little more and the latch slid half way to the right. I was able to help it along the rest of the way, so now the latch is completely to the right. Not that I would ever pick it up by the screen, but does this actually help "lock" the tablet into place? Or is it simply more of an indicator that it's all the way docked?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    It is locked in place. Like I said it can take a few days to get used to. I've had mine since early May and it works like a charm. I probably shouldn't do this but every now and then if my keyboard is undocked and I need it to type a long email, I will actually just set the Transformer into the dock far enough to register and start typing away. I mean the switch hasn't even begun to slide to the right but it still works. That's just me being lazy.
    Current Devices:

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    18 times
    I'm super excited about this new device. I can't tell if my keyboard dock needs to be returned or not though. When I dock the device, that little latching switch doesn't move all the way to the right. It only moves like 25% of the way to the right, but it appears to be fully docked and all functionality works fine. It is supposed to move ALL the way to the right when you dock it?
    I was having the same problem docking mine. I discovered if I had the hinge on the keyboard at a 90 degree angle to the keyboard when I dropped the Transformer in, it only required a light press to connect and the lock went all the way to the right by itself. If I try to connect with the hinge back more than 90 degrees, such as you might use it to read, then it requires a very firm press to connect. The lock then never seems to go all the way to the right by itself and requires manually sliding over.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    Hi,

I found that using the right/left cursor keys moves the windows right/left but seems a but hit and miss, taking more than one press sometimes.

Also, if you click on the right or left of the screen with the mouse cursor it works a treat.

Hope this helps

Regards

14theroad
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Hello Everyone,

Additionally, the remote PC app it tells you to download...where the heck is that? I've looked all over Asus's site and Googled the heck out of it but I can not find that MyDesktop app for Mac or PC. Any help?

Are keyboard shortcuts I should know about? I'm particularly craving something to switch screens left and right, like Ctrl + right arrow key, but that doesn't seem to work.
    Ok, no need to go and buy the Splashtop to test it out. Splashtop is built into the TF by ASUS in the MyCloud app.

For the server download on the computer end, go to the ASUS TF site and on the Downloads tab select your computer OS. There will be 2 downloads, one will be the Remote App. Download and set it up on your PC and/or Mac and you are good to go.

I personally use 2X Terminal Services app to use RDP to connect to my HTPC and a VNC viewer to connect to my Mac as Mac has a built in VNC server.

As far as desktop scrolling, you can use the touchpad and two finger swipe left and right and it will change home screens. If you are talented you can eve use your thumb on its side to act like two fingers.
    Last edited by Frederuco; 07-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My latch didn't slide all of the way to the right either for the first few times. After using it a few times, it works fine. I always dock mine in the closed position; screen to keyboard. It is easier for me to make sure everything is aligned correctly. I align the pad side to side with the keyboard, then push the pad into the dock. I know the pad is firmly seated into the dock when the top edge of the pad is even with the front edge of the dock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links