Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Sync pc to tablet (address book and calendar)

Help - following the instructions, I went to the asus website to download to my pc the necessary files to sync my calendar and address book with my tablet. However, after download, (Windows 7, 64 bit) I find that the files can not be opened as they are .rar files. Has anyone else encountered this problem and how do you get around it without buying access to a program to "unzip" the file? What I am doing wrong? It's very frustrating not to have access to my address book.

Thanks
    Lisa

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Help - following the instructions, I went to the asus website to download to my pc the necessary files to sync my calendar and address book with my tablet. However, after download, (Windows 7, 64 bit) I find that the files can not be opened as they are .rar files. Has anyone else encountered this problem and how do you get around it without buying access to a program to "unzip" the file? What I am doing wrong? It's very frustrating not to have access to my address book.

Thanks
    Lisa
    Lisa I'm coming from a Mac so someone else maybe of more help but all I did was sync my Google account to my Transformer because all my email addresses are associated with Gmail and all of my calendar events are as well. Anyway if this isn't your answer hang in there and real help is right around the corner.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Lisa,

You need to go to www.rarlabs.com and download a copy of WinRAR. It is free and then you can unzip this file and install it on your computer. rar files are the same a zip, just a different format. Here is a direct link to the 64 bit installation file.

I am in the same boat as Mickey, I use my google account to keep my work PC and may Mac in sync, adding the TF made it easy to keep everything sync'd online. I did download and install the sync and discovered it was not for any settings or apps so it is pretty much useless for my purposes.

Let us know if you need more help on using WinRAR and we will try to help you out.
    Last edited by Frederuco; 07-22-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have same problem Sync pc to tablet (address book and calendar) but different story. I loaded it into my laptop (Run under WIN XP) it is OK but I load ASUS sync program it show "NO DEVICE FOUND. Please connect Asus device to your PC with USB cable to synchronize all of your favorites" WIN system show my tablet is Transformer TF 101. What do I do miss steps? Please show me. Thanks for advances.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your assistance. This worked well - and while it only syncs the contacts list and calendar from outlook, this is what I needed it to do. Appreciate the help!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by datmchu View Post
    I have same problem Sync pc to tablet (address book and calendar) but different story. I loaded it into my laptop (Run under WIN XP) it is OK but I load ASUS sync program it show "NO DEVICE FOUND. Please connect Asus device to your PC with USB cable to synchronize all of your favorites" WIN system show my tablet is Transformer TF 101. What do I do miss steps? Please show me. Thanks for advances.
    After you connect, there is a popup in the notification area (near clock) that you have to tap to put the TF into sync mode. Then it will pop up the sync software on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Thank you for your assistance. This worked well - and while it only syncs the contacts list and calendar from outlook, this is what I needed it to do. Appreciate the help!
    Glad you got this worked out.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    After you connect, there is a popup in the notification area (near clock) that you have to tap to put the TF into sync mode. Then it will pop up the sync software on the PC.

Glad you got this worked out.
    Thanks Frederuco. I get it.

Ads