Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinMartin View Post
    In an xda thread, asus support responded to someone about this issue. If you go to settings->screen, and check the "screen does not turn on with button push" power setting, when in standby, the screen should not turn on when a keyboard button is pressed. If that is the case, then the new power-saving dock mode is working. If not, you may need to rma your keyboard.
    My B40 dock failed the sleep test. While working fine before latest upgrade, it now wakes unit with key press (regardless of mobiledock battery saving mode on). Ironic: upgrade seemingly created problem for "old" units (b40, many b50) that was applied to solve this problem for new units. Hmm ...

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    While working fine before latest upgrade, it now wakes unit with key press (regardless of mobiledock battery saving mode on). Ironic: upgrade seemingly created problem for "old" units (b40, many b50) that was applied to solve this problem for new units. Hmm
    Are you sure about that? Before the last update, Everyone was complaining about the poor dock battery life. Mine was the same. A couple of times when I closed the shell, I noticed the screen come on, and thought that was weird. Now I know that the screen must have had hit a button, which was turning on the screen.

I don't remember one person saying that their dock battery was not draining. You could always flash the old version of the OS and make sure, but you probably just didn't notice the quick turn-on mode.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I haven't read the entire thread, so I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but isn't the dock battery supposed to charge the tablet battery when they are docked but not mains connected? Could that account for unexpected dock battery drain?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I haven't read the entire thread, so I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but isn't the dock battery supposed to charge the tablet battery when they are docked but not mains connected? Could that account for unexpected dock battery drain?
    That accounts for a small percentage of battery drain. Should not be 5% an hour though.

Keeping the keyboard active is what ASUS reports as being the problem.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Am I just crazy or is there no form for submitting a service request/email regarding the Transformer dock? I don't see it (the tablet or dock) listed at all in Asus Support contact portion of their site?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinMartin View Post
    Are you sure about that? Before the last update, Everyone was complaining about the poor dock battery life. Mine was the same. A couple of times when I closed the shell, I noticed the screen come on, and thought that was weird. Now I know that the screen must have had hit a button, which was turning on the screen.

I don't remember one person saying that their dock battery was not draining. You could always flash the old version of the OS and make sure, but you probably just didn't notice the quick turn-on mode.
    I am sure that waking with key press was working on my original setup (b40/b40) using the dock battery saving setting. That setting now no longer works, and neither does the battery monitor on settings screen when docked. I placed an RMA request.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I fail to see why Asus even added the "mobiledock battery saving mode" for the consumer to switch off/on. Why would anyone want it turned off? No one wants their keyboard to turn the screen on with a button press. You can just press power button to turn the screen on when docked.

Asus should just permanently enable it and not allow the user to access a system setting like that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    For a little more information about this issue and a reply from an Asus rep. go here:

[Info] Mobile Dock Battery Case_Reply - xda-developers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Android 3.2 will be here soon (tomorrow), so waiting for that OS upgrade before returning my tablet (and dock) for dock drain after last ASUS firmware upgrade. Still confused about dock drain being a hardware or software issue in the case of my B4/B4 combo, because it worked well before the firmware upgrade. RMA ready to apply.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times

Arrow Just RMA'd my dock and shipped today for battery drain issue

Just RMA's my dock and sent it off. It was a B40 and lost 25% charge with the tablet off every 8 hours. I found it at 3% more than once. What good is a dock if you can't dock it? I was afraid I would never get it replaced if I did nothing, and kept waiting for a software fix. I just read that if it won't respond to the settings fix of the mobile dock saver, than it is definitely hardware related and nothing would fix it. It works great as a keyboard, but my main thing was the battery extender. If the dock was always drained, what good was it? And to keep it separated until use just wasn't a feasible idea for travel. So Off it went today.

Just sent the dock. Tablet not required to be sent back.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links