Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy [SOLVED] Battery life since the firmware update

Has any one else noticed a huge difference in the idle battery life, since the firmware update last week?

Normally, my tablet would go for days on idle with a singe charge. Since the 'upgrade' it lasts about 30 hours, even when I'm not using it. Could it be that in fixing the docked battery behaviour, Asus have screwed the un-docked behaviour? Looking at the battery use plot, it seems to be 'awake' for most of the night and day!!
    Last edited by Des; 07-19-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fixed my problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Has any one else noticed a huge difference in the idle battery life, since the firmware update last week?

Normally, my tablet would go for days on idle with a singe charge. Since the 'upgrade' it lasts about 30 hours, even when I'm not using it. Could it be that in fixing the docked battery behaviour, Asus have screwed the un-docked behaviour? Looking at the battery use plot, it seems to be 'awake' for most of the night and day!!
    Yes, the firmware update created a dock battery problem. Unit stays awake when docked, so continuous battery drain of dock when it should be in sleep mode. Tested by killing many running programs, but issue seems in unit software, not apps. Downgrade.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vdpluijm View Post
    Yes, the firmware update created a dock battery problem. Unit stays awake when docked, so continuous battery drain of dock when it should be in sleep mode. Tested by killing many running programs, but issue seems in unit software, not apps. Downgrade.
    Errr, I don't have a docking station, so it's nothing to do with that directly.

However, I performed a full 'reset to factory defaults' operation and the tablet seems to have returned to its stingy power drain ways. I left it 'on' all night and day and it's hardly used any power at all. Maybe a full reset is needed after a firmware upgrade to ensure the settings are in a proper state.

Ho hum.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Since the firmware upgrade, my battery has been fantastic!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I haven't noticed a difference in battery performance either but I use my tablet 10 hours plus per day and charge it every night while I sleep, so i never deal with much standby.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did more testing and the tablet's battery works fine when undocked. It sleeps and disconnects wifi after a period of time. The drain of the docked battery is not explained, however. I believe that the unit does not really sleep when it is being charged (through outlet or dock), allowing programs to remain active that consume power. Note that the battery status screen shows only the tablet's battery and that the battery use screen is still not working for the TF. Using dual battery app to see info on main and dock.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am currently testing both a touchpad and the transformer. And was very unhappy with how much more I needed to charge the transformer lately. I had the transformer on standby for roughly six hours and it went from 74% to 51%. So I then tried turning it off and rebooting. After that it went from 43% to 41% in about six and half hours of standby. That was much better. So my question is does the transformer have problems puuting apps to sleep. Or how can I assure they are asleep. Also it goes through an average of 12% drain per hour of internet usage. Are these numbers about what I should be seeing. Or do I need to be concerned. Because touchpad seems to be getting a much better battery life. Oh and btw, I am not using the dock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post

Same problem here. Seems that TF stays awake in sleeping mode... I see it is solved??? How???

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hard rest is a must after the latest 8.4.4.11 FOTA update? Damn as I need to do it tonight... any best practise where the Hard reset must do while docked?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenming View Post
    Hard rest is a must after the latest 8.4.4.11 FOTA update? Damn as I need to do it tonight... any best practise where the Hard reset must do while docked?
    Is nothing, you can restart the TF with the power button on the tablet (keeping it pressed for about 2 seconds) and hard reset the TF with keeping that same power button pressed for 6 to 10 seconds... But for me that didn't solve the awake problem. Sometimes the TF stays awake, sometimes not...???

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links