Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 and Android App Market Compatibility Issues

I hope I have the right forum.

I just bought a brand new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 32GB and I was initially impressed by the product quality, but after having tried to expand my apps with the Android market I have become very disappointed. There are several, and I mean SEVERAL apps that I simply cannot even download because of compatibility issues. And some of these apps are huge apps, like Facebook and every single game from developer Gameloft.

What is the point of having such a product if there are tons of apps you cannot even download to begin with because of apparent compatibility issues?

From what I can tell I am up-to-date with all the updates for the OS. Running Android 3.1. And I checked for any other updates and there are none available. I have 12 days until I can return this thing for a full refund and its looking like I am going to have to, even though I don't want.

Here is pictures showing the problem:

Untitled.jpg

And here a screenshot of my TF101 About area so you can see my versions:

P20110717142433.jpg

Any ideas?? Thanks.
    Last edited by jwb; 07-17-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I believe that shortly after 4.0 comes out and unifies phone and tablet OSs then the developers will have an easier job of dealing with universal apps. So that may not be until the end of 2011. Just my guess.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just can't even believe Facebook doens't work on this thing. Twitter does. Isn't Android universal across all its different type of devices that use its operating system? I thought it was. I mean, I have friends who have Android phones and such and they can use the Facebook app.... yet my TF101 apparently can't?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi I have had my Transformer almost 3 weeks now and I am new to android and the market as I have an iphone and I am used to itunes .

I have managed to find every app thats on my iphone in the andoid market and got it to install and run, some games wont but thats down to the o/s and the fact some games wont upscale to 10.1.This will soon change.

Developers will catch up in the next few months as the android Tablet market is just taking off, the ipad is only successful as its ios is the same for all devices and as a result 98% of apps work

Once Android has 1 common o/s i.e ice cream sandwich things should then begin to fly for android.

On a side note I was going to buy an ipad and I still might when the ipad 3 arrives but for now I am more than happy with the transformer and its user base and forums like this one.

Give it a chance its good tablet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwb View Post
    I just can't even believe Facebook doens't work on this thing. Twitter does.
    It did but then it became uncompatable. I had it installed for a while but now I am using Friend Me as I have decided to adjust because I have counted the cost and have decided to stick it out for now. If this short fall is too much for you to deal with then return it. For me I've given 6 months to get the web lag repaired, NetFlix working, and Skype video working. Those are the things that I need by November to continue the Android or Transformer life. But those are the important things to me. To each his own!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had thought Android and the market for apps had matured enough, but I guess not. Too bad. Lots of potential. Its a nice product and definitely superior to the iPad, on paper for the most part. I guess I'll be returning it and try again down the road. The time isn't right, for me anyway.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Plain old TF101 (32Gb SD card)
    HTC Inspire
    =^..^=

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I second Squeak for the FriendMe. The developer has been on this forum and has been working with us to constantly improve it. If you are really dying for the facebook app, you can get it through the site GetJar however you will have to be sure to X out of any boxes that ask you for your device and you will have to allow installs from unknown sources in the Settings -> Applications. I mainly did this to get the Share To option in the Gallery and other places. The latest Friend Me supports sharing through the Gallery, web pages, etc. so it may not be that big of a deal.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I to am really disappointed with the market for this device.. all the most popular apps aren't even compatible, this is a huge issue for me. To be perfectly honest in my opinion the whole reason most ppl purchase tablets is for the cool apps. The apps i want most or even the ones i have on my phone aren't compatible so ALL i can do is surf the web and take pix I HAVE A COMPUTER & CAMERA FOR THAT!

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    don't bother with facebook (official) it's like crappy and garbage on tablets. use the browser to fb and imo im to chat.
    HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.3
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with Keyoard Dock on 3.2.1
    Clone Quad Core Desktop (Win 7 64bit)/ Acer Aspire 4736 (Win7 32bit)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links