Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

TF101 loses battery charge even when turned off?

Just wondering if anyone else experience this? So at night I turn off my tablet with 100% battery by pressing the power button for a long time and shutting it down. The next day I turn on my tablet, my battery was down to 84%. So it sucked about 16% when it's off, does that sound right?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    482 times
    If you haven't already installed the Auto Airplane app by Don I'd do it now....LINK

Most of us here use it and it's a real battery saver.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I already use the auto airplane mode. I don't know I got to do more testing on this.... The battery lasts about 2 days on the dock with light/medium use then about 1 day on the tablet alone, so about 3 days total with dock.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    920 times
    Most people report about 2 or 3% loss at most overnight in sleep mode. About 8 hours tablet use is normal and 6 1/2 hours using the dock. This is what I tend to see on my TF101.
    Last edited by Swipe; 10-18-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    74 times
    Someone people reported that before. It's strange. This may sound counter-intuitive, but have you tried leaving it in sleep mode (single press of power button) instead of shutting down? I lose barely 1-2% overnight in sleep mode. I pretty much never turn it off.
    Tablet: Asus TF101 B9O 16 GB + 32 GB microSD | SOC: 1.4 GHz Tegra 2 | OS: Team EOS 4 JB 4.2.2 (latest nightly) | Kernel: KAT 103 | Dock: B7O
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 16 GB | SOC: 1.2 GHz OMAP4 | OS: stock JB 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    Laptop: Dell XPS 1340 | CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 w/ 4GB DDR3 dual-channel | OS: Win7 Pro | Other: copper mod

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    It's been my experience that if you want the max battery life, you need to undock when turning off or putting the tablet to sleep. Asus never got the battery saver mode to work correctly when docked once ICS came out.

I tried everything; tricks, settings, hard resets and wipes, even RMAs back to Asus (4 times), and the tablet just doesn't behave like it did with Honeycomb where battery life is concerned while connected to the dock.

I still use it everyday, but monitoring the battery life you can just see the thing just suck the juice down, even in sleep mode. Hell the device updates apps while sleeping even though I have all the settings set to turn Wifi off.

Again these issues are only when connected to the dock, when the tablet is undocked it behaves normally

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    Lately my TF101 won't turn on in the morning after I've used it. Battery power at the time is at 84%. I turn off Wi-Fi and use my task killer to kill all open apps. This has been happening a lot lately. When I put it on the charger, I get the blinking yellow light which to my understand means that there's still some charge left in it.

I have tried a hard start by holding down the on and volume down buttons for at least 15 seconds. But it still won't power up. I do leave it docked overnight; should I un-dock it? It didn't used to do this, even when I left it docked.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Battery loss when turned off

Quote Originally Posted by TF101_ View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else experience this? So at night I turn off my tablet with 100% battery by pressing the power button for a long time and shutting it down. The next day I turn on my tablet, my battery was down to 84%. So it sucked about 16% when it's off, does that sound right?

I am having the same problem. I contacted Asus and they essentially told me it was my problem since the warranty had expired. Did you find any solution?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdave View Post
    I am having the same problem. I contacted Asus and they essentially told me it was my problem since the warranty had expired. Did you find any solution?
    Welcome to the forum Dave

This is a pretty well documented glitch on TFs. Various solutions seem to work. If your drain occurs when the device is fully off & docked, then try undocking and/or removing any SD cards you have in the dock itself.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ads