Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ASUS confirms fix to dock power drain coming!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterN View Post
    Looks like the problem with the power drain is fixed: I got the firmware update this morning and after this I left my TF docked and sleeping for 5 hours. It lost only 1% of the charge. This is about 5-7 times less than before the update.
    Looks like it is fixed for me too, but I'm going to leave it in sleep mode overnight to see how much it drains. Everyone does know that "sleep mode" still uses some power, right? Because if you have your email checking for new messages, etc, that will still go out and use the wireless. If you don't want it to drain the dock battery, turn it off completely. Hold power button until it asks you to shutdown. Even without the "fix", mine never drained power when it was truely off.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterN View Post
    Looks like the problem with the power drain is fixed: I got the firmware update this morning and after this I left my TF docked and sleeping for 5 hours. It lost only 1% of the charge. This is about 5-7 times less than before the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Can anyone else confirm that the latest update did fix the power drain issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathon View Post
    Looks like it is fixed for me too, but I'm going to leave it in sleep mode overnight to see how much it drains. Everyone does know that "sleep mode" still uses some power, right? Because if you have your email checking for new messages, etc, that will still go out and use the wireless. If you don't want it to drain the dock battery, turn it off completely. Hold power button until it asks you to shutdown. Even without the "fix", mine never drained power when it was truely off.
    After the download updated --

Mine was down to 13% battery yesterday....recharged....sitting on standby overnight....both at 100% this morning.
    Frederuco likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My TF indicates, when docked and charging, in the Battery Widget that my tablet is charging (lightning flash) but my keyboard is "n/a" so i don't know if it's charging or not. When i undock my tablet the widget changes to "not docked" so it does recognise the keyboard. I have just done a firmware update but no change in the widget indicator - still "n/a". What does that mean?.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VLSG View Post
    My TF indicates, when docked and charging, in the Battery Widget that my tablet is charging (lightning flash) but my keyboard is "n/a" so i don't know if it's charging or not. When i undock my tablet the widget changes to "not docked" so it does recognise the keyboard. I have just done a firmware update but no change in the widget indicator - still "n/a". What does that mean?.
    Assuming you use the Dual Battery Widget...have you gone into the Battery Widget settings themselves, and changed them to report both the Tablet and Dock battery levels?

There are several configuration setting options in there...

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2813 times
    Asusfan - Thanks so much for your detailed testing reports.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Assuming you use the Dual Battery Widget...have you gone into the Battery Widget settings themselves, and changed them to report both the Tablet and Dock battery levels?

There are several configuration setting options in there...
    I updated the firmware, and i am using the dual battery widget with correct settings. However, my dock was depleted to zero and I can't get it charging again! Time for a RMA?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Here is my info about new patch. Charged it to 100% with dock. Turned it of docked (full not stand by) and after 24h dual battery widget reported main 96% and dock 98. About 1h later (or less) main is still charging and showing 99% and dock 88%. I hope it helps someone.

EDIT : It finished at 100% and 86%.
    Last edited by pedro_fun; 07-18-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have discovered that my transformer battery just ebbs away if I leave the tablet connected to the dock! so much for the published 16 hour battery life! I had written to ASUS before I found this thread but thankfully or not! it seems my experience is not isolated.

I am finding myself becoming increasingly frustrated with ASUS, the build quality of my first tablet was frankly pants, and now this, I need a notebook with a huge battery life making it one of my prime motivators in choosing the TF101.

In addition the battery charge indicator seems to operate in some parallel time space continuum! no matter what the actual charge level if the dock is attached, it steadfastly reports 100% battery capacity which is total b&&%loks
    Last edited by mrgmyers; 07-25-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgmyers View Post
    In addition the battery charge indicator seems to operate in some parallel time space continuum! no matter what the actual charge level if the dock is attached, it steadfastly reports 100% battery capacity which is total b&&%loks
    No, it isn't. The standard battery charge indicator does not report on the dock, only the tablet. When docked, the dock battery keeps the tablet battery topped up to 100% and the tablet battery only starts to drain once the dock battery has been depleted. If you use one of the battery level widgets that reports on both batteries, you can see this clearly.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TradeTF101ForiPad2 View Post
    I updated the firmware, and i am using the dual battery widget with correct settings. However, my dock was depleted to zero and I can't get it charging again! Time for a RMA?
    I had the same problem as you did,keyboard dock down to zero charge,had it on charge for 2 days red light on side of tablet continues to blink red and shows zero charge,got an RMA to send it back at my expense, what a piece of crap this dock, should'nt have bought it in the first place, my serial number starts with B60. I have 2 docks probably secound one will do the same.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads