Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just got it! But.. Battery drains really fast

Hey all,

Just got the transformer and I love it. But, the battery drains really fast. I did the whole 8 hour charge thing before I first used it. And I got probably 6 hours. So I recharged it to 100%, and my battery will probably die with another 6 hours and 20 min. of use. My screen is set on auto. All i've done is browse on the stock browser and watched south park shows here and there. Since I just got it I wanted to test everything out so it hasn't been sleeping much... at all.

The tablet is running on Honeycomb 3.1. I read on amazon that some users are hitting the 9 hour mark with Honeycomb 3.0

I'm also on Wifi all the time. Sometimes my wifi gives out as well, when loading youtube videos on the sidebar or downloading an app from the market.

I was using the stock browser and it crashed, the browser showed alot of duplicated images and noise, like you would see on a tv that didn't have cable. It only happened once though.........any inputs? But I got out by pressing the home screen and surfed on dolphin's browser instead, until I decided to reboot my tablet; only then the stock browser would work again.

So what's up? Should I exchange it, or is this normal?

I really love this tablet..........
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 10-09-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Language

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I would give it a few more full charges (drain to less than 5% and the give it a good 6-8 hours on the charger) and see what happens. That seems kinda low, mine lasts for a good 8 hours. I have the dock too, so I do not know exactly how long it lasts, but with browsing web, watching youtube, facebook, etc. I can easilly get 8 hours out of it without putting it down.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It may not assist with "constant use" battery length...but longevity-wise for a single charge, I set wi-fi to only be on when the screen is on.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Welcome to the forum!!! A few ways to help conserve the battery are....

-Lower the screen brightness. If you don't need it at the highest setting to view comfortably lower it
    -Only connect to wifi when you need it
    -Make sure GPS is turned off again unless you need to use it
    -Check the settings in certain apps that do background updates and maybe lessen the frequency of the updates or turn them off if you don't need them. Examples would be Weatherbug, Twitter, Facebook, etc. There are others but that gives you an idea.
    -Disable background data in settings>accounts &sync. This will also disable syncing in your gmail account so you will have to sync everything manually

These are just a few suggestions to try. Try one, try a few or try them all. Your call.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    When I first got my Nexus S, the battery life was dreadful, it turns out that it was trying to sync with my Picasa account (which I don't have). When I disabled Picasa sync, but left my other Google services to sync my battery started to last about 3 hours longer. Check to see if your Transformer is syncing to a Picasa account

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    Hey guys, I use this thread, because I'm also having some battery issues. But I think I know where my problem is!
    I have my Transformer for a month now and I was quite impressed with it's battery life, reaching approx. the 9 hours of usage! But since I installed the official facebook app, everything was going worse! When the screen was off, the battery percentage kept falling... So I checked the settings and Android OS was using up to 45% of battery usage. I disabled the facebook sync, but after a few hours it is back on. I uninstalled facebook now and I'm hoping that i get my old 9 hours back

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!! A few ways to help conserve the battery are....

-Lower the screen brightness. If you don't need it at the highest setting to view comfortably lower it
    -Only connect to wifi when you need it
    -Make sure GPS is turned off again unless you need to use it
    -Check the settings in certain apps that do background updates and maybe lessen the frequency of the updates or turn them off if you don't need them. Examples would be Weatherbug, Twitter, Facebook, etc. There are others but that gives you an idea.
    -Disable background data in settings>accounts &sync. This will also disable syncing in your gmail account so you will have to sync everything manually

These are just a few suggestions to try. Try one, try a few or try them all. Your call.
    But his is suppose to last a hell of a lot more even when all of these are used. I've put my brightness all the way up and wifi to never off and my battery lasts way way longer.

I'd get an exchange if I was the open.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links