Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard issues

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard issues

Looking for some help with my keyboard, as it's got some really frustrating things going on with it right now.

First, I don't see any options to change the trackpad settings. I do not like being able to "click" (left mouse button) by tapping on the track pad. Can this be turned off?

Second, and the more debilitating issue, when I'm typing on the keyboard, the cursor will sometimes reset and move back to the beginning of web forms. It can be in a small text entry field or seomthing larger like typing a message on some forums.

I turned on my PC just for this post, because it would have taken 5 times long to type because every sentence or so the cursor automatically jumps back to the top. So I have to pause typing, delete the stuff that was just added at the top, scroll back down and start typing again from where I was. Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    It's best to start with the simplest questions. Have you updated the Tab and Dock with their latest firmwares? Are you sure you have the Dock properly seated with the Tablet? The locking latch must be ALL the way to the right. Push down on Tablet until the latch is all the way to right - not halfway. The touchpad can be disabled by using the 4th button from the left on the top row.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Which browser is causing the jumping text issue? All of them? I'm wondering if it is a browser issue not a keybaord issue.
    The idea of turning off the touch pad completely solves the problem of the cursor jumping while we type, but then it kills the touch pad completely. What 04texag is asking for is a way to keep the mouse movement on but turn off the "clicking by tapping" ability, and make it so a click must come through the wide button at the bottom of the touch pad. I don't know of anyway to do this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes David, you are right, I don't want to completely disable my trackpad.

No, I have not updated the tablet yet, been trying but I cannot even get it to download on my tablet.

I don't understand why there isn't at least a guide stickied on here on how to install 3.1. I need to figure out how to download it to my pc then install it on here.

Also, what can you update on the keyboard dock?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't know whether this is the same problem, but I'm finding when I type using the keyboard, the cursor often jumps up a line and starts entering text in a line I've already typed. It happens in emails and in documents so I assume it must be a keyboard issue. It's rendering the tranformer unusable for me as most of what I use it for involves typing.

Is that similar to what's happening to you 04texag?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnym View Post
    I don't know whether this is the same problem, but I'm finding when I type using the keyboard, the cursor often jumps up a line and starts entering text in a line I've already typed. It happens in emails and in documents so I assume it must be a keyboard issue. It's rendering the tranformer unusable for me as most of what I use it for involves typing.

Is that similar to what's happening to you 04texag?
    I have had this issue, and it is due to the track pad accepting a TAP as a mouse click. Because I have big hands, and thumbs that won't behave, when entering text I have gotten in the habit of turning off the track pad during text entry and then when finished I turn it back on. It is not ideal, the best solution would be to disable the TAP on the trackpad, but that does not seem to be an option at this point. Give it a try and see if it helps. I also got a BT mouse to pair up so I mostly have the track pad turned off when I have my mouse.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Aha, I think you've just solved my problem - i must be inadvertently brushing the trackpad sometimes when I'm tping which is why random things appear to be happening.

i do find there's a bit of a time lag between typing on the keyboard and it appearing on screen but I guess I'll get used to that.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnym View Post
    Aha, I think you've just solved my problem - i must be inadvertently brushing the trackpad sometimes when I'm tping which is why random things appear to be happening.

i do find there's a bit of a time lag between typing on the keyboard and it appearing on screen but I guess I'll get used to that.
    Where are you noticing the lag? Stock browser? Most users have noticed lag on the stock browser. Try another browser. I recommend Opera Mobile.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    it's on anything, even just typing in a document. One of the reviews I read before I bought it commented on the same thing so assume it's normal for the device.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have very minimal keyboard lag (less than half a second) in almost anything other than web browsers. That is strange. I would try a hard reset (press vol down and lock button for 10 seconds) to see if that helps.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links