Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I would return until I got a good one. Especially if it was from Best Buy or the like. The TF is awesome when it's in working order. There is NO excuse for it not to be in working order. And that includes creaking cases, distorted speakers, light bleed/dead pixels, etc. (Light bleed if only on a darkened black screen is acceptable) My TF is getting close to 2 months old and has had none of these problems. And nobody else's should either!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I would return until I got a good one. Especially if it was from Best Buy or the like. The TF is awesome when it's in working order. There is NO excuse for it not to be in working order. And that includes creaking cases, distorted speakers, light bleed/dead pixels, etc. (Light bleed if only on a darkened black screen is acceptable) My TF is getting close to 2 months old and has had none of these problems. And nobody else's should either!
    I agree that no one should have to put up with a substandard product no matter what it is, but how long do you keep returning stuff before you get a good one? You also have to have a retailer with a decent returns policy. I know from experiance that here in the Uk there are certain companies on the high street who make it very difficult to get a refund/exchange and see certain imperfections has minor or not worthy of a refund despite what the Uk legislation says.

Reading around various forums there does seem to be a bit of a trend regarding reoccuring problems with the transformer and at the moment its enougth to keep me from dipping my toe in the water again. Its a shame as its a really nice tablet but im not prepaired to jump through hoops to get a good one, I'm going to wait a while and see if things get better before I decide to buy again. I'm a little cautious these days haveing bought several defective Archos products in the past that now sit in the draw, fit for nothing except expensive paper weights.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Asus i hope you are listening another customer lost due to your very poor quality control.

Superb unit if you get one without defects it shouldnt be this hard.

Iam one of the lucky ones and have a unit that is relativey defect free apart from a very tiny scuff mark on the black seal.

What also concerns me is the lack of docking units available in the UK.I would of loved to have bought a unit with one but they were as rare as rocking horse do do's

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My first TF had some light leak on left bottom of screen. Now I have second with same issue (maybe worse) in center and right side bottom of screen.

This product in his way is very cool but ASUS should to improve Quality Control and Logistic. TF should to be iPad killer but will be only temporary treat.

User of: ASUS Transformer/ iPhone 3G / PC

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gw0lgn View Post
    I agree that no one should have to put up with a substandard product no matter what it is, but how long do you keep returning stuff before you get a good one? You also have to have a retailer with a decent returns policy. I know from experiance that here in the Uk there are certain companies on the high street who make it very difficult to get a refund/exchange and see certain imperfections has minor or not worthy of a refund despite what the Uk legislation says.

Reading around various forums there does seem to be a bit of a trend regarding reoccuring problems with the transformer and at the moment its enougth to keep me from dipping my toe in the water again. Its a shame as its a really nice tablet but im not prepaired to jump through hoops to get a good one, I'm going to wait a while and see if things get better before I decide to buy again. I'm a little cautious these days haveing bought several defective Archos products in the past that now sit in the draw, fit for nothing except expensive paper weights.
    Knowing what I know about a good running TF I would keep returning until I got a good one. Granted, here in the US virtually every store will take back defective merchandise with an apology and smile on their face. I remember when the iPod 3rd generation came out I can't believe how many I returned because the HD kept crapping out. I think the total was 4. (And probably the HD problem was MY fault because I was putting music from the "old" Napster). But I knew the iPod was better than the other mp3 players at the time I didn't give up. And that last one I got still works fine to this day for 7-8 years now.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Hi all I am new owner, initially impressed, but on closer inspection the small black trim around the screen is all scratched along the top edge.
    Looks like someone used a screwdriver to lever the screen in!!!!!

It has gone back for a new one, lets hope!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have given up on the transformer for now, I tried a different retailer and the one on display was showing some of the traits mentioned in this thread, for now I have bought an a pad 2 and will take another look at the transformer further up the road to see if the production quality improves as I really like the device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Would like to see a picture of the problem. This probably help me when the Transformer is available in my country. Thank in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links